Wednesday 10 October 2007

tsk.

Good news first. Firstly, Jay is coming here to have his concert in January next year. Secondly, his new album is coming out (supposedly) on the 2nd November, and pre-order starts in two days!


















Seen the picture? As much as I think he looks cool there, I couldn't help but thinking that the direction of the album is gonna be so different from his previous ones. As in, the style of clothing and the music as well. It may be because he is in his own company now.

Well, the first single for his new album, 牛仔很忙, aired for the first time in Taiwan today. I downloaded the radio rip off the forum, and honestly, I wasn't impressed. My first impression was that it's definitely different from his past works. Heck, it's different from any music I'm used to listening to. I mean, it's good to show people that he can change the his music style, but I'm not sure if it's a different in a good way.The song sounds funny, almost like a song for kids. The whole song is just so un-Jay for me, starting from the whole style and arrangement of the song (it's so cowboy-ish ><), to the way his voice sounds, especially in the beginning of the verses. For a good five seconds I thought that it was a girl singing. Okay, I admit that the song sounds happy and cute and the lyrics are funny, but then again I was never a big fan of too-happy-sounding songs (even Mai Ya Tang was slightly too happy for my liking). Can you believe that the first time I listened to the song, the highlight for me was actually Jay introducing the song? I'll listen to the song many more times to see whether I'll like it. I mean, Jay's songs usually take quite some time getting used to, even if they don't sound as unique as this song. Like I didn't 夜曲 the first time it aired, but now I like it a lot. Well, I just hope that the rest of the album doesn't sound so.. different. *cross fingers*