Wednesday 24 February 2010

海派甜心 (Hi My Sweetheart)


















(Dramawiki)

I enjoyed watching this drama! There were funny and touching parts. I cried quite a few times and teared a lot of times while watching this drama, HAHA. I really think that I cry too easily nowadays; I must be getting old. But anyway. I watched this drama because obviously, I like both Xiao Zhu and Rainie Yang :DD. Xiao Zhu is a really great guy, while Rainie is very cute, but also cool and straightforward. Both of them did a great job, but it's their fault I cried so much haha. I like the ending! By the end of the drama you'll find yourself singing along to the soundtrack lol ^^. Do watch the behind-the-scenes, because they will make you appreciate the actors more :). Rainie and Xiao Zhu are so cute together xD.

Bao Zhu is so vulgar and violent LOL. Initially she acted violent to cover up her weakness, to protect herself because she didn't want to get hurt. But that just shows how weak she is emotionally, for she breaks down easily in front of the people she trusts. She's unsociable but is very cool; she has her own principles which she firmly stands by.

Rainie is soooo pretty :)). Her face is so small and her facial features seem to be all in their right place haha. And her hair is very pretty too xD. I realised that I've been watching all her dramas ever since Devil Beside You, LOL. She acts well! She's great at tearing and crying scenes haha. Seriously I wouldn't be able to act alongside Xiao Zhu 'cos I'd be laughing my ass off the whole time HAHAHA; she's a pro! And she's my idol for running so fast in high heels, LMAO.

For convenience's sake, I'd refer to the old Hsueh Hai as Da Lang, like how he was called when he was studying, and the new casanova Hsueh Hai as Hsueh Hai. Da Lang is a big dork; he's tacky and kinda embarrassing to be around. But you'd adore him once you get past his ridiculous appearance, because he's very kind and he's a cute dork. On the other hand, Hsueh Hai is a player; he's a bastard who plays around with girls and throws money around like nobody's business. (Sorry for the crude language; I really dislike playboys lol.) And he's freakin' annoying and immature, like UGH. But I pitied him, for he had to steel himself when facing Bao Zhu, and constantly remind himself to hate her, when obviously he loved her. Afterwards when he learnt about the misunderstanding he changed for the better, though. It's like, we could finally see that he was still the kind Da Lang.

Xiao Zhu is a good actor; he acted out Da Lang and Hsueh Hai, which are two completely different people, really well. Every time, after Hsueh Hai acted like a total jerk in front of Bao Zhu, when she left he'd have this very complicated look on his face, and somehow his mood would turn really heavy. He'd sigh a breath of relief, but his shoulders would be stiff and he'd look like he regretted everything he said. I guess it'd be easy for Xiao Zhu to be downright idiotic since he's naturally witty, but I think he'd be cringing as he said some of the lines, since he's a good guy but Hsueh Hai is such a jerk LOL. By the way, 小猪超帅 xDD.

He Yan Feng is a really good guy. He's such a reliable 學長! He is mature and has very high EQ. He's a great person. I'd love to have a big brother like him! He looks very kind when he smiles :). I don't like his hair though :S.

Some criticisms: the flashbacks were too long; some of the plot, like the one with the big sister, were unnecessary; there were some unrealistic scenes, like how Yan Feng always seemed to be able to find Bao Zhu (he must have bugged her LOL CREEPER). Also, I'd have liked to see how that dork Lin Da Lang changed into the casanova Hsueh Hai. I mean, even if he got a shock and had a personality change, he wouldn't have known how to woo girls and stuff without learning them.

如果你想哭, 可以不要笑啊。