Tuesday 2 February 2010

movie marathon xD.

So. Yesterday I was bored of going out with no particular destination in mind on my off days, so I decided to stay at home and watch a bunch of movies. Decided to watch ones that wouldn't require too much brain power, lol ^^;;.

1. She's The Man

















This is not a bad chick flick at all! It was quite funny and touching at some parts. The cast did a good job. Amanda Bynes was so convincing as a guy! If I didn't know beforehand that she was a girl, I would have thought that she was a guy. Her character in the movie, Viola, is a really cool chick. Channing Tatum is hot, what else can I say ^^. I still don't really believe that a hot soccer captain who's actually Mr. Sensitive exists (a lot like Austin, Chad Michael Murray's role in A Cinderella Story, except that he was a football captain). And I'm big on the gender equality thing, but one has to admit that in terms of physical strength, females can't compare to males. (Unless the girl is some body-builder or taekwondo instructor or the equivalent, versus a totally unfit guy.) But hey, whatever, right xP.


2. The Proposal

















This is a good movie! Certain scenes were really hilarious. Made me tear at some parts, mainly because of the great acting of the cast. My favourite scene is probably the one where Margaret drove the speedboat really fast, and when Andrew asked what the heck she was doing, she answered, flustered, that she forgot what it was like to have a family, to have people who love you. Sandra Bullock can really act :)). And well, she's my ultimate girlcrush xDD. She's so pretty *sigh*. The chemistry between the two main leads, Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, was evident here. So even though the two made an unlikely pair, us viewers would be rooting for them. I'd recommend this movie if you're in the mood for a romantic comedy ^^. AND here's the bloopers :DD!


3. Step Up

















Oh look who's there! Channing Tatum! I didn't know he was in this movie! LOL, who am I kidding? Of course I knew, that's why I watched this. But anyway. It's a pretty good movie. All those dancing scenes definitely made the movie. Contemporary dance is so beautiful, huh *___*. That scene where the two leads danced by the sunset was gorgeous. I don't care much for the fighting and clubbing scenes, and I'm not impressed by the fact that someone who has practically been wasting his life away can start talking big as if he's been enlightened on the day after his brother's death. And Tyler (Channing Tatum's role) is so fickle; it was kinda irritating sometimes. But other than those, overall the movie is enjoyable. It's nice to see actors who can dance and act ^^.


4. Fight Club

















After watching 3 light-hearted movies I decided to go for something more serious, so I watched this famous movie that I suppose almost everyone has watched. The lead actors' acting are really good. I love the ending! The plot is very intense, unexpected and confusing sometimes. There are utopia-related ideas thrown in here and there, but the movie doesn't give us a clear stand on whether they are right or not, which leaves the judgment to us viewers. I think I'm gonna watch it again sometime, because there are some parts that I still don't really understand.



5. Camp Rock

















I said that I was looking for a no-brainer, but seriously, this movie made me feel that I was too old for this. Sheesh, kids *shake heads*. Most of the actors look like they're 12-14, which wouldn't be a problem if their acting didn't reflect that. I couldn't take their acting seriously at all. This was probably why they didn't come across as likeable in the movie, even when they're pretty and cute and all. And you know that I'm not usually very picky when it comes to acting, so that says something. Luckily they're good in the music department -- singing, dancing and playing instruments. That literally saved the movie, even though the songs weren't that great either (except for This Is Me and I Gotta Find You, which are very nice) and the movements when singing were exaggerated. Nick and Kevin Jonas' random appearances were quite entertaining too. (Maybe because they didn't really have to act.) Joe Jonas should stick to singing with Jonas Brothers -- because he's got a very good voice -- and looking cute. Demi Lovato's voice is nice too. But I really should have skipped the middle one hour of the movie and went straight for the last 30 minutes. Actually, I'll save you the trouble and post the link for the scenes worth watching -- 1 2 3. The best part of the movie is in the third link, how Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas sang This Is Me and I Gotta Find You respectively, together, and how the two songs and their voices really matched. (And I'm not gonna say anything about how even when singing those songs to each other, I still found their gazes unconvincing.) That was cool. I like the piano version of This Is Me better though, as sung in the first link.

Now I feel like re-watching High School Musical (the first one; I haven't got around to watching the second and third) and Raise Your Voice.