Monday 30 August 2010

Siwon, Donghae and Ariel Lin to act in drama version of Skip Beat!

(article)

OMGOMG.

I don't know what to think about this. Ariel Lin is fine; her acting is top-notch and even though she looks a little to sweet for the evil side of Kyoko, I think with her acting she can pull it off. I'm not so sure about the casting of the guys though. Apparently Siwon will be playing Sho, and Donghae, Ren. Isn't that a bit of a mismatch, since Ren is supposed to be more than 10cm taller than Sho? And Ren is the one who has the perfect good looks while Sho supposedly has the pretty bad boy charm. Based on those aside, I think they should have switched the guys' roles :/. My biggest worry is, the role of Ren would be really difficult to portray. As in, REALLY DIFFICULT. He's a very conflicted person inside, not to mention the obvious that he's Japan's top actor, so Donghae would have to act out not only Ren, but Ren's roles. And Donghae is not an official actor :S. Oh wait, shouldn't my biggest worry be that the two guys aren't exactly fluent in Chinese? o__0

I'm not gonna pick on the nitty-gritty, but I really hope that the scriptwriters/director/producers/actors will not ruin this drama. Because Skip Beat! is just awesome. I'm gonna wish the very best for all the actors! Especially the two guys. 加油!