Tuesday 7 December 2010

Playful Kiss























It's a very cute drama! The story is lackluster because of the lack of conflict; everything seems too ordinary. There were some potentially interesting plots which were not developed and was left hanging or ended too abruptly, and sometimes the editing feels choppy. But then again, it has a lot of cute moments which made me smile ^^. After he 16 episodes, be sure to watch the Youtube Special Edition, Making Film and Baek Seung Jo's Diary, all in glorious HD and English-subbed, on the official Youtube channel! Especially the Making Film, 'cos Hyunjoong is ever-hilarious and him and Jung So Min are cute together!

Hyunjoong did well in portraying Seung Jo :). His scenes seemed natural and save for a couple of scenes (because I'm picky that way), the emotions were well played out. The subtle changes in emotion, like a simple curt or the little smiles, were great. I think he improved a lot since Boys Over Flowers. Of course, there's still lotsa room for improvement, especially for the more intense emotions, but I believe he can do it!







And Hyunjoong is the most perfect-looking being on Earth, for real. I mean, seriously, how can one look so insanely gorgeous?! When his hair is wet, I go into total spazzy mode LOL. And when he looks at Ha Ni in a taunting way, I DIE OKAY. His eyes, his smile... I can go on and on and on, but I shall restrain myself haha. Just, GUH *___*. But perfect Hyunjoong aside, Seung Jo is far from being perfect. He's stubborn as a mule and is also a narcissist. But well, I'd kill to have his brain. ROFL.











































Jung So Min did really well as Ha Ni, I thought. She was so sincere, so genuine that one can't help but feel for her, even though Ha Ni was so frustratingly annoying sometimes. Her smile is just so real, you can feel yourself smiling with her. And she looks very cute! She looks like Yoon Eun Hye from some angles haha. Her hair is very pretty; it looks really smooth and nice :D.
















Seung Jo is a genius with an equally high EQ on normal days, but he likes -- and I mean he gets satisfaction from -- torturing Ha Ni. He said it himself, "It's fun. I live to tease Oh Ha Ni." It so childish 'cos he's like a little kid who can't own up to his feelings, just has to hav
e things his way and never admits to defeat. But I guess that's his way of expressing affection, which albeit questionable, is rather adorable. To us viewers, at least; I think if I were Ha Ni I'd be suuuuper annoyed lol. Still, I think it's a fresh change how in this version, we can clearly see Seung Jo's feelings for Ha Ni growing, even though she didn't find out until much later. And if we were to look closely into their relationship, actually Ha Ni is the one who always gets her way, even if she may not realise it herself haha XD.













































At this point, I need to rant. Why do so many people keep asking why Seung Jo loves Ha Ni? I mean, I get that he seems perfect and she, in comparison, hardly seems like someone he would fall for. But people, have you ever experienced what love is like? You don't need a reason to love someone; love knows no reason.

Bong Joon Gu is very likeable! He's a really devoted, sweet guy. His accent is kinda cute too haha. He's just really similar to Ha Ni, though, so he can be embarrassing at times XP. He had that reeeeally ridiculous Elvis hair for a good half of the drama, but after his make-over he looked really good too! I'm happy that he got his own happy ending in the end ^^.

Hae Ra is totally the female version of Seung Jo. How can two people be so alike? Anyway, she is not hateful or anything, but sometimes I suspect she has a bit of a bipolar personality LOL. Lee Si Young is so tall and skinny! And pretty too. I didn't even know that she broke up with Junjin already :/.

Isn't Seung Jo's little brother, Eun Jo, like, the most adorable thing EVER? He's like, such a brat, but he's actually really sweet and shy! He's mature for his age, sensitive, smart and very reliable when the time calls for it. He is my favourite character in this whole drama XDD. LOLOL am I turning into a pedo now?! HAHAHA. But really, I like him a lot! He's such a dear :). And he looks like the mini version of Kim Hyun Joon from V.O.S lol. And and and he's just SOOOO CUTE! And I'm gonna ignore the very last scene of Eun Jo at the ending which shows that he's probably gonna grow up like Seung Jo LOL.









The Baek brothers are adorable okay XD.























I like the other cast members too! Especially Seung Jo's parents. His mum is so cool, but scary in a way haha ^^;;. His father is cute hehehe. The actor who plays Ha Ni's dad is really good at acting too. Oh and Kyung Soo sunbae! He's really kind :).

I think the ending is TOO HAPPY LMAO. Like, everyone has his/her happy ending! That's so unrealistic hahaha. But well, it's a drama so I guess it's fine ^^;;.

Miscellaneous adorable pictures!