Tuesday 17 May 2011

Beast 1st Album - Fiction And Fact























Finally, after four mini albums, Beast has released a full-length album! I thought they were never going to release one and just keep releasing mini albums lol.

I can't get over how awesome all the boys sound SIGH. They all just sound really amazing and their songs now have a distinctive Beast flavour that sets them apart from the other gazillion songs in the KPop scene now. So I'm just gonna put this first: I love this album. It's great, it's awesome, it's SO BEAST.

I think Dongwoon is now officially the 2nd main vocal, along with Hyunseung :). They take turns singing the first part of the choruses, while Yoseob sings the second part. It's such a big upgrade for him since even up to Lights Go On Again, he used to be the member with the least lines. It just goes to show how much he has improved and that the company recognises that as well ^__^. I still remember how he used to sound kinda stiff in Beast's early days. Look at how great he sounds now; I'm so proud of him!

A complaint, though: it's great that Dongwoon is getting a lot more lines, but in exchange, Kikwang is getting sooo little lines! It's like equivalent to what Dongwoon used to get. Cube, can't you just distribute the lines a little more evenly? x___x


As always, Beast's intro songs are good. Yoseob kills me with his part omg. My favourite part is probably Kikwang's repeated "It's a lie" and "This isn't the truth" though lol. It's kinda haunting.

2. Fiction
I already spazzed about it at length here, so I won't repeat it here. But I didn't mention how awesome the boys' falsettos are. And Doojoon sounded like he was about to break down during his part at 3:17; it sounds so sad :(. Anyway, I really love this song ♥.

3. Back To You
At first this song didn't do anything to me, to be honest. But after a few listens, it grew on me. It's such a catchy song! Don't be fooled, though; the lyrics are sad :/. Love the heavy beats in the bridge! OMG there's autotune in the chorus! Beast never used to use autotune, but since it's really not much and it complements the song, I guess it's alright ^^.

4. You
Such a sweet, warm song! Dongwoon's voice in the beginning sounds so good ^__^. Ahh I love this song. "You, you, you~"

5. Freeze
Junhyung personally composed, wrote and arranged this song! He's always done a great job writing his raps, so it's a not a surprise that he'd write good lyrics, but it's so unexpected that he'd compose such an adorable song lol SO CUTE XDD. He did a good job though :). I'm looking forward to seeing more of his works in the future!

6. Virus
One of my favourite songs in the whole album! It's reaaally good. Love the distinctive beat and the whole feel of the song. Yoseob's rock-ish voice in the last chorus = LOVE. I always spazz over it every time I listen to the song; I can never get over that, so don't bother telling me to XD. That high note near the end is omg! I think that's Yoseob, but I'm not entirely sure. Whoever it is, it's amazing yo~. And I love the lyrics even though they're so sad sigh.

7. 불러보지만 (Calling You)
I like the rock-ish edge in Yoseob's voice in this song ^___^. And his long note near the end is great!

8. 비가 오는 날엔 (On Rainy Days)
THIS SONG. It's one of the songs in my "poison" playlist lmao. It's SO SAD. The lyrics kill omg. But it's really, really awesome. The members expressed the emotions of the song really well. There was news saying that the recording of this song had to be stopped a few times 'cos the members cried. Sigh, I totally understand. Anyway, Yoseob's falsettos give me goosebumps. And the whole song sounds so peaceful; just like the title, it's the perfect song to listen to during rainy days. Love the guitar throughout the song.

9. Lightless (Unplugged Ver.)
Beast sang this during their concert! I really like this version. Love how the heavy beats in the original song are replaced by guitar and percussion, and the more soothing way the members sing the song. Dongwoon sounds so emotional in his part. I loved the original song, but I really like this too! I can't decide which is better so DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE.

10. Fiction (Orchestra Ver.)
One word: AWESOME. It's an orchestra version, which means lotsa awesome instruments. And because the beats are all stripped down, the boys' voices really shine here. I usually don't even bother listening to remixes/whatever versions of the same song 'cos I usually like the original version the best anyway, but Beast make reeeeally good new versions of their songs.


I'm so proud to be a B2uty :).