Tuesday 17 May 2011

Beast - Fiction



OMGOMGOMG.

Firstly, I love this song! LOVE that little melody on piano in the beginning that keeps getting repeated throughout the song. It's sooooo nice! Well basically this song has awesome piano. And the sound of writing on a parchment is a nice touch. Can someone make me an instrumental only version of this song please omg!

The thing I always love about Beast's songs is that they are really tight -- not one second of the songs feel like a waste. There are enough instruments and sounds layering the song in the background that serve as solid foundations for the members' voices, plus heavy beats throughout the song. So to be able to appreciate the song one has to listen to the whole song, complete with the instruments and all, and not just the voices. And I love that. I think Junhyung's rapping plays a part in that as well, especially when he's rapping over another member's singing. And how amazing are the boys' voices here?! Yoseob is flawless as always and I can never profess my love enough to him, but the other members sound just as good! Dongwoon has improved a lot and I'm so proud of him :).

Secondly, the choreography is awesome! The footwork part is amazing and it looks totally chill and cool in my opinion. Plus it's quite unlike any choreography others have done, so it's something new and is sure to be remembered easily by the viewers. It may look like just feet shuffling, but according to the members' tweets, it's very hard to learn ^^;;. And of course Beast has neat group dance, but we'll have to wait for the live performance to see it more clearly. But anyway, Prepix+Beast FTW!

Thirdly, the boys look hella gorgeous in the MV! Really like Hyunseung's slick short cut and orange hair. He has the best hair this time round, I think ^_____^. Junhyung, I have clearly forgotten how hot he looks when he's rapping, especially with eyeliner on asdfghjkl. I'm not really diggin' Kikwang's tan 'cos it makes him look way too serious when in fact he's a squishy innocent adorable kid, but hey he still looks good so it's okay XD.

Lastly, the MV itself. I like that set where the boys are dancing in army-colour-looking clothes! Awesome lighting. The tunnel-looking set reminds me of Shock MV and the one with sunset colours looks like the one in Bad Girl MV dance break part. Junhyung's hair in that sunset set also looks like the one in Bad Girl lol XD. Doojoon's look at 0:51 and 3:27 will HAUNT ME FOR LIFE OMG. And and Park Bo Young is SOOOO PRETTY *__*.

Can't wait for their comeback stage! Sigh. BEAST IS THE B2ST.