Wednesday 13 February 2008

曹格 rules.

I don't think I've ever said how much I really love 曹格. His singing, I mean. xP If I'm not such a big fan of Jay, 曹格 would have been my favourite singer. And even now, I acknowledge him as the best Chinese singer. It's not just that his voice can go really really high (here), which alone is very impressive (I'm a girl and I can't go that high =X). I think the best point about his singing is that he always sings with such emotion in his voice (most of the time, at least) that I lost count how many times I got goosebumps while listening to him sing. SUCH PERFECTION. *.* I didn't like his voice that much at first, but now I like it a lot. Not only that, he writes his own songs too. He said that he was rejected by a lot of companies before 'cos they said that he "isn't good-looking enough". But hey, that's their loss for rejecting such a talent. And even though he isn't exactly cover-boy material, he can be cute okay. xD

A post about 曹格 equals to nothing without videos of his amazing singing. So I'm gonna share the love. =)

我要快乐 & My Way -- It was a small concert at a pub in Malaysia, and he was drinking quite a lot. He lowered the pitch a little for the first song, but that's understandable; after all he's a guy and 阿妹's voice is already higher than a lot of girls. He also said "fucking asshole" after the line "谢谢了 伤我的人", which makes me wonder whether he's been hurt before. He might just have been drunk, but somehow I doubt so since he looked almost on the edge of breaking down when he sang that song. It was a long time ago, but this is actually why I was so worried when I read on the newspaper that he cried while singing 背叛 earlier this year. But anyway. The second song is actually a duet song, so he sang both the lower and higher pitch separately. haha.

想家 -- Look out for 小猪's expression after he sang. He even said "你没有干掉周杰倫我跟你姓", which made 曹格 pretty flustered. haha. The two of them are very good friends, anyway.

新不了情 (1 2 3) -- I've never heard this song before 曹格 sang it, but now I really like it. 'Cos he sang it so well. I love seeing people's expressions after he sings, and in the first link you can see 黑人's super big reaction. xD

黑色幽默 -- I'm sick of comparisons. Sure, 曹格 sings like a pro, but his version is different from Jay's. And I get really angry when I see comments such as "Jay can't sing" or "if other artists were to sing the songs Jay compose, they'd pawn". GO TO HELL. sheesh. Anyway, in terms of technique, 曹格's version is top notch, but personally I prefer Jay's version as in my opinion, it sounds sadder when Jay sings it. Both are really good, though, so stop comparing, people. Seriously.

背叛 (1 2) -- I LOVE this song the first time I heard it. In case you don't know, this song got popular last year after the promotion period was over because it was sung by two contestants of 超级星光大道. Then there was the usual comparison. Honestly I'm not biased or anything, but for me, 曹格's original version is still the best, no matter whether it's the skill or the emotions.

I'll Be There (just the audio; demo of 张惠妹's 一眼瞬间) -- He wrote this song for 阿妹. Don't you think that his demo version sounds sooo good? Personally I like it much better than the one recorded in her album.

I'll stop commenting about the videos and just put the links 'cos I'll just forever be gushing about how amazing his singing is. =P

聽海
祝我生日快樂 (1 2)
靠近


I'm afraid that's all I have for now. I need more videos of 曹格 singing!