Tuesday 12 February 2008

Dunk-ing.

Watched Kungfu Dunk today, and it's better than expected. I mean, some parts of the storyline are pretty ridiculous, like the whole court and the crowd freezing over, not to mention the very weird scene of Jay "going back in time", like what the heck. Some scenes seem unnecessary, for instance the little story about Xiao Lan's (by Baron Chen) dead girlfriend. The whole "Shi Jie longing to meet his parents" affair is kinda weird to me, since from the beginning he never said that he was looking for his parents. I was ready to puke if the pair that he thought to be his parents were really his parents and then he didn't say a single word of complaint. But fortunately they weren't, and when he did see his real father, he asked the latter why he was abandoned. Thank heavens for the script writer not going towards the "happy family reunion" direction. *shudders* The basketball and fighting scenes are cool!

I think that the cast is okay; Chen Bo Lin who played the role of the team captain (shit I only know his real name) Ting Wei acted well, and Eric Tsang who acted as the fake uncle Wang Li was irritating but funny and kinda nice too. Somehow Ah Sa's role, Li Li, seems a bit redundant to me. Like she was there just to include the 'romance' genre in the movie. But hey, she's cute. Look out for familiar looking faces, like Jacky Wu (LOL), Dan Tou and Zhang Jie (from NQMM) and Liu Geng Hong.

'Cos I'm biased, I'll say that Jay is CUTEx10000. I mean, when I saw the pictures of him with the bowl haircut (a wig, by the way) I already thought that he looked cute. But I didn't expect the Fang Shi Jie in the movie to be that innocent and funny. I even had to cover my mouth at some point during the movie 'cos even though I was laughing silently I could tell that I was grinning like an idiot, like when he was taking pictured of himself in that photo booth ROFL. And I think his acting improved, too. The facial expressions seemed natural and the emotions when he was disappointed to know that the pair in the crowd weren't his parents, as well as when he met his father, were real enough (recall the crying scene in Initial D - quite a lot of difference haha!). Somehow his character in the movie reminds me of the Jay I see in those behind-the-scenes videos, just that Jay isn't that innocent. And damn, the 周大侠 song is stuck in my head. It keeps going "tofu tofu..". lol.

Okay I'm just gonna post pictures. Found these quite some time ago, but didn't get the chance to post them. haha.































































^that whole match was freakin' hilarious. LMAO.






















^Click for clearer picture. I know you know what I wanna say, so I'll just shut up. xDD