Wednesday 6 February 2008

U-KNOW YUNHO.

Today is Yunho's 22th birthday, so happy birthday, Yunho! Please take better care of your health, and stay happy! =))

It's gonna be long, so you can click the red box at the top right corner now if you'd like to.

Yunho was one of the first two members of DBSK that I saw, the first one I grew to like, and 'till now, the member I like the most. I can't really say the reasons why I like him as there are too many to name, and I may not even remember all of them. But I do remember that the first time I saw him was in Xman (aired around Rising Sun period), and he struck me as competitive, confident, yet a little shy. Somehow I got interested in him even though I wasn't particularly taken by his looks and dancing (at least not yet xP). After watching a few of DBSK clips, however, I found out that he's a very good speaker; so much that even before I knew he was the leader, I had already thought that he would make a good leader. It was the prank that made me really like him, though, since it showed me that he's not just a celebrity; he cares for the people around him (in this case, his fan), has a strong sense of justice and also, he did flare up, which makes him human. That says a lot about him as a person.

As I mentioned above, one of the things I like about Yunho is his public speaking skill. It's not just the fact that he always knows what to say, which is already commendable in the first place (here). No, it's not just that. I think it's the way he speaks that makes it seems like he's really sincere and means what he says. Some people smile a lot even when they're speaking, which sometimes give me the impression that they're trying not to laugh; others put up a completely poker face that make me think that they're nervous. Yunho, on the other hand, pauses a short while to think before he answers a serious question, and when he does, he answers with an appropriately serious face, a relaxed tone and a slight smile at the end. Am I making sense? When the question is an awkward one, however, he talks naturally, turning the awkward situation somewhat humorous (eg. talking about his moobs | pairings 1 2). Even when talking about a sad memory, like his childhood, he managed to make the audience laugh a little and toned down the 'sad' atmosphere, all the while looking totally comfortable.

Of course, as you know, I'm a sucker for guys who give off this mature 'feel'. At first when I found out that he was only 19 (then), I was shocked 'cos I thought he was at least 22. I don't know whether it's because of his leader position, or whether it's his own personality. Most of the time he maintains his leader image - cool and collected. Most importantly, he is a good leader. If you watched their earlier interviews, you'd notice that most of the time it was Yunho who answered questions, and when the members started to digress and fool around, it was also him who brought the rest back on track. He takes care of the members too (eg. Jaejoong when his leg was injured). I read somewhere that Junsu said, "without Yunho hyung, DBSK wouldn't be where we are now". I believe that (even though they wouldn't be where they are without any of the member).

Some random stuff:
__________________________________________________________
2005, Nov 18 to 19th, he was running schedules non stop. The minute the camera shuts down, he fainted.

At an award ceremony, all the members were crying their eyes out, Yunho stayed strong, he held his tear in, he smiled, he kept thanking everyone, but backstage, he shed more tears than the rest of the members combined. (here)

The famous 18 continuous bow. After the MBC dance battle special, he was sick, but he held himself together for the show, backstage, he bowed to every single performer and crew members, the fans captured the total number of times he bowed. 18 times. (here)
__________________________________________________________

Actually I saved this whole chunk of things about Yunho, but I can't possibly paste everything here. In short, as an artist, I respect his professionalism. Somehow he always get injured or get hurt, but even then he always does his best, which makes me worried sometimes (1 2). I like his deep voice and even though his singing technique isn't the best, he's improving. His dancing is very good in terms of technique, and I love his facial expressions when he dances; it's actually the reason why I prefer his dancing to Junsu's. As a person, I admire his character (eg. 2U couple talk). He's polite to his sunbaes, and every fan that has met DBSK before hail him as the nicest/friendliest person they ever met, lol. In a lot of interviews, he said that he's working hard know so that he can take good care of his family in the future. I think he'd make a good son/boyfriend/father, but I kinda pity his future wife (even though she's damn lucky at the same time) 'cos he said he wants to have as many children as possible. haha! He's very good with kids too.

I don't know if you noticed this, but the Yunho on and off the camera are quite different, especially after the Rising Sun album. Well, I'm not saying that the side he shows to the audience is fake, but as much as I like that cool side of him, I adore the other side of him -- the slightly awkward, cute and boyish him. He's not like Jaechunsu who show their playful side openly, but also not like Changmin who's serious (or sarcastic) most of the time. Sometimes the things he does look silly; like you don't know whether to laugh or not 'cos you aren't really sure whether he does a certain action to make people laugh. The facial expressions he makes unconsciously are very funny, too. He may be a responsible and mature leader, but also a kid at heart, really. I discovered this quite some time after I got into DBSK fandom, at first I thought that he was a serious person through and through. That's why sometimes watching certain fancams (here) bring a smile to my face; 'cos I get to see how he's like when his guard is down. He's really adorable when he, for example, pokes Junsu's cheeks to indicate that the latter is cute (here). That may be one of the reasons why I love the pairings so much. Jaejoong also said quite a few times that Yunho's actually more of cute than cool (eg. Yunjae couple talk). Sometimes I wonder whether the whole 'leader' role is the one causing him to want to present the 'cool and manly' image to the audience. It makes me kinda sad to think that he had to grow up quickly 'cos he was made the leader (he was only 18/19 then). Which is why sometimes I hate it when they highlight the fact that Yunho's the leader, especially in Korea. Like he's not under enough pressure as it is. Or maybe it's the poisoning incident. =X But! On the recent talk shows in Japan, he's been loosening up, acting all silly and comical. Someone commented that he's on crack, which may actually be true. Other than that, of course, you can always see his real dorky side if you throw away the stereotype of him being all serious, in which case you'd find him cute. xP

Okay, I'm done talking. I do find myself very long-winded too.


Videos:
fanvideo (here)
with kids (1 2 3 4)
singing after inhaling helium (1 2)
dance compilation (1 2)
tounge twister (here)
skit on Love Letter (here)
Tokyo Holiday NG (here)
talking about his pants (here)
Yunho and Junsu dance battle (here)
dance on Star King (here)
mimicking dog and cat (here)
Bonjour Paris cuts (here)


some gifs..













































There's a folder named "ROFL" in my DBSK picture folder, and most of the pictures are Yunho's.

















































^that's Changmin with him.

I think I should stop ruining his image. So let's post some normal pictures. haha.

I love it when he's with kids. xD



































and of course you can't leave out the smex..




















































































This post is wayy too long. I have to STOP. But.. whatever.

















LOL. xDD

I love how I managed to work all the Yunho pairings into this post. And anyway, Hosu has been my favourite pairing since I-don't-know-when, but I'm admitting it now. xP

To tell you the truth, I've been wanting to do a full post like this on Yunho for the longest time, so actually I feel very accomplished now. hahaha.