Thursday 28 February 2008

My Girl :)














I'm too lazy to type a summary, so just read it here.

Throughout the show, I couldn't help thinking "how cute!" for every episode. Somehow everything seemed so cute, especially the main girl, Lee Da Hae (Yoo Rin). She's very pretty and it was very cute watching her bickering with the guys. Her personality in the show kinda reminds me of Song Hye Kyo's in Full House; a bit blur and strong. Her family wasn't well-off, so she was brought up to be a swindler, her lies are very smooth, and she loves money. The dramatic way she acted to fool people was so funny lol. She fell for Gong Chan first, and it was painful watching her struggling to act as his "cousin" when obviously she didn't want to be his cousin. Somehow her tears seem to be able to well up in seconds. I like her for her cheerful and bubbly personality, but I didn't like the fact that she didn't think of Jeong Woo's feelings at all. He was there for her when she was down, yet even after knowing his feelings, she totally brushed it aside even though she should know that he was suffering all along, too. Guess you can't see anyone else other than the one you love, huh? Anyway, I felt really sad for her when she knelt down, crying and apologising after the grandfather knew about the lie. It's like, she had to take all the blame herself. The next scene where she tried to stop herself from crying, keeping a poker face while the sound of crying could be heard from her throat, was even sadder. But then they had to show her breaking down in the airport. T.T In the last episode, the "big revelation" scene (which was actually Yoo Rin lying to everybody) -- she was trying to lie so hard, it hurts. SO SAD. T.T

The lead actor, Lee Dong Wook, is very good-looking. He acted as Gong Chan, a smart and accomplished businessman whose character is more of the serious side. He's kinda naive, though, and he looked cute when he believed in Yoo Rin's lies, just like a little kid. It was sweet when he always had that little smile after Yoo Rin did something funny/stupid. haha. He can be mean sometimes, but he's actually very considerate and protective over her. I think it's just my habit, but I said, "You're so screwed!" a lot of times while watching him slowly realising his feelings for Yoo Rin. Maybe that's what I'll say to myself if I experience the same feelings. It was so sad when he had to try so hard to lie to her that he wanted her to act as his cousin forever, and even pretended that he could treat her as just a cousin when he was actually going crazy that he couldn't stop himself from falling for and thinking about her. He was so cute when he finally met Yoo Rin again in the second last episode; kept sticking to her shamelessly and all, behaving like her and totally unlike him. lol.

Lee Jun Ki (Jeong Woo) is a pretty boy; almost too pretty to be a guy, in fact. But he'd look weird if he was a girl. To be honest, at first I couldn't stand looking at him. =X I do find that he looks good now, though (character development and shorter hair do wonders, man!). However, I think his acting is very good and I like him in the show even though he's such a player in the beginning. I feel really sad for him, actually. It's so DEPRESSING every time he saw Yoo Rin crying about how she couldn't pretend that she didn't have feelings for Gong Chan, since Jeong Woo was trying hard to suppress/hide/bury his feelings for her. And it got even more depressing 'cos he repressed all his feelings inside all the time and was left to sort out his emotions alone while having to maintain his "carefree" image. He's a good friend; always cheering Yoo Rin up when she was sad even though he was feeling like crap himself. I'd be thinking "NO!" when he was about to see something he wasn't supposed to, 'cos after that he'd end up drinking in some bar. The worst thing is, all his life he got all the girls he wanted, but got rejected when it was the first time he ever truly loved someone. I feel for you, man! Even up till the end.. haish! It just wasn't meant to be, but you're cool!

The ending was.. expected but unexpected. lol. The last scene was very cute, though (the Chae Moo Ryoong from Witch Yoo Hee and another girl guest-starred, apparently they were in the drama Delightful Girl Choon Yang; she's really pretty o.0, maybe I'll watch that drama next.. dunno when haha!). Overall, the storyline is unrealistic and the later episodes are slightly draggy, but it's still an enjoyable drama to watch. The imaginations are really funny lol. Other than that, I think he little romance story between Yoo Rin's friend's brother and Gong Chan's secretary is very funny and just too cute for words. Oh ya, even though I said that I felt sad a lot of times, I didn't cry at all while watching this drama. xP

I think that for every drama, no matter whether I like the leading actress or not, or which guy I like better, I'd still be happy if in the end, the girl is happy. After all, most of the time both of the guys are nice; they really love the girl and treat her really well. I guess in the end it depends on which one she loves, since you can pretend that you like someone but you can't pretend that you don't love someone you love, even if you were to lie to yourself. What am I crapping about? I don't even understand that L word. haha.

There's still the special episode left; I'm looking forward to the behind-the-scenes and the NGs. I'll have to watch it tomorrow, though, and if I see something interesting I'll post again. =D


EDIT: Most of the special wasn't subbed, so I can't really say anything. haha.