Sunday 20 April 2008

Shinhwa #9


















I finally got my Special Limited Edition Album (thanks to wenyi @ ShinhwaChangjo.net!), so I'm gonna write my opinions on the songs.

1. Last Train Home
This is just a 1+ minute intro for the album.

2. Voyage
I love this song. I said before that what I like about Shinhwa's songs is that they balance the rap and singing perfectly. And it's evident in this song.

3. 다시 한 번만 (Just One More Time)
I think I ranted about how I love this song here. But I didn't elaborate that much. Now I'm gonna declare that this is MY FAVOURITE SONG EVER. I love it to bits, from the melody, the background music, Minwoo's soft adlibs during the first chorus, Hyesung's powerful singing, Dongwan's crystal clear vocals (I sooo love his voice here), etc etc etc. This song has reached 110 play counts in my iPod. xD

4. Free Style #1
50 seconds of just Eric rapping, meant to be an intro for the next song. I thought that the lyrics are pretty cocky ["..Too many wanna be tryin' be us but no access Ten years in this business still keepin' it strong.."], but I guess 10 years as a group together is no small feat. ^^ The song ended with "Hey yo, M, what's your name, man?"

5. Run
The song started with Minwoo saying "Shinhwa!", so he was answering Eric's question in the previous song, I guess? haha. It's the first single of the album, and composed by Minwoo, written by Eric. The song is totally Minwoo-ish. My favourite part in the song would probably "We are Shinhwa~ HMM!" by Minwoo. LOL. xD

6. 2 Ma Luv
A feel-good song.

7. We Can Get It On (feat. David Kim)
At first I thought the style is a bit strange, but now I like it a lot. I love how Minwoo sounds here; so.. sexy. xPP And I like Andy's rapping in the chorus too! "Ten years in the game and still on top, you already know they can't be stopped!" Indeed. =) Dongwan and Junjin don't have any solo parts though. =(

8. So In Love
A Shinhwa-ish song.

9. 기억나니? (Do You Remember?)
A talking track. I don't understand a single word they were saying, but they sound so happy and were laughing happily, that somehow I feel happy listening to it. Laughter is infectious! I can't really differentiate who was talking most of the time but I think it was Dongwan (or Hyesung) who talked while holding back his laughter; it is SO CUTE. xDD They were trying to make up a song on the spot, I think. And they failed a few times and kept trying. Very funny. xD The final "song" is quite nice, too.

10. 아직 못다한 이야기 (The Story We Haven't Yet Finished)
A very sweet song. They recounted the journey they went through together, and told the fans to wait for them.

Although we are leaving each other for a while
we hope you will please believe us when we say
the day we're together again
when that day comes
we promise to let you listen
to the story we haven't yet finished

I will wait. That goes without saying. =)


Overall, I think it's a very good album. $36.90 for a CD and a photobook for the CD booklet is a very reasonable price. I was quite disappointed that there are only 7 "proper" song (minus #1, #4 and #9), but I know they put a lot of thoughts into the album, since I know there are some songs they composed that didn't make it into the album. It's quite a pity that it's their 9th album (not 10th) on their 10th year anniversary, but like Eric said,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How nice it would be if we released our 10th album during our 10th anniversary?" I thought about that before.
But looking at it now...
That we seem to be making up for 1 in the future and leaving a void now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Therefore, they are going to be back.


Anyway, every special limited edition album has a serial number on it (1-6 are for the members), and mine is 049848. It's more like a photobook since it's A4 size, and the pictures are pretty! I've seen all the scans before, but still, it's nice to own one. xD I only flipped the photo book once in the MRT, though, since I don't have time. T.T
















































































































Credit as tagged, ShinhwaChangjo.net


All of them look great, but Minwoo is seriously killing me. I can't wait for his birthday in July, when I'll have an excuse to spazz about him. xDD


EDIT: I realised that I only posted the sombre-looking pictures even though there are lots of happy pictures in the photobook, which I personally like more. hmm. Anyway, I decided to buy the normal edition poster ('cos the colour is baby blue, everyone looks happy and it looks fldksldfk nice!) (even though I got that ^ black poster) and Dongwan's first album through the forum (which I'm guilty of snagging online =X). The poster is $8, and the album is $15. Kinda ridiculous that I'm buying Dongwan's album at half the price of Minwoo's. And that I'm buying Dongwan's first album when he's gonna release his 2nd in May. But better late than never, right? =D