Tuesday 15 September 2009

sad, reality.

Imagine a conversation between a husband and wife one day.

H: *serious* You know, I don't know how I should tell you this, but.. my investment failed. My savings are almost gone because I made a huge loss. I don't even know if we can pay the bills this month.
W: ...
H: I'm really sorry. It may be hard for us from now on. But I'm gonna make it work out, somehow.
W: Are you okay?
H: Huh?
W: I mean, I know you must be feeling really down right now.
H: ..I'm okay. I'm really sorry.
W: It's good that you're okay. And you don't have to be sorry, after all you did your best. Don't worry, we'll make it through this together, somehow.

But you know, in real life, things won't go that way.

H: *serious* You know, I don't know how I should tell you this, but.. my investment failed. My savings are almost gone because I made a huge loss. I don't even know if we can pay the bills this month.
W: *shocked* OMG are you serious?! Seriously, how useless can you be? I told you not to invest in such risky stocks and see what happened when you didn't listen to me?
H: I know, but..
W: All this while I've been at home, cooking and cleaning for you, and I didn't even get to buy branded clothes or anything. And now what do I get in return? Debts!

...and they'll go on arguing, where the wife will lament on how ill her fate is and how she married the wrong guy, while the husband will go defensive and say that she doesn't understand how hard it has been for him, who's been doing what he can for the sake of the family.


Imagine another scenario between a father and son.

F: I went for the hospital for check-up yesterday, and the doctor said that there's a growing tumor in my body. It's malignant. He said that it might be hereditary.
S: *shocked* Are you gonna be okay? I mean, is it dangerous? Can the doctor cure it?
F: He said that it was detected at the early stage, so with proper treatment I'll be able to recover. But son, you should get yourself checked.
S: *relieved* Good to hear that. And I will get a check-up too, so you don't have to worry about me. Your health is more important.

But again, in real life, things might not go that way.

F: I went for the hospital for check-up yesterday, and the doctor said that there's a growing tumor in my body. It's malignant. He said that it might be hereditary.
S: *shocked* Really? Is it dangerous? Man, I'll go make an appointment with the doctor now. What if I also have it?

..or something like that.


Reality is sad.