Friday 30 April 2010

Gummy 1st Mini Album - Loveless (EP)













There are a few reasons why you should give this mini album a listen:
1. Gummy is an awesome singer with powerful vocals and a great voice.
2. The songs generally fall into the genre of R&B, but they range from slow ballad-y ones, to upbeat ones.
3. THIS MINI ALBUM IS AMAZING AND EVERYONE SHOULD LISTEN TO IT. 'NUFF SAID.


1. 그만 헤어져 (Let's Break Up)
This song sounds sad, from the opening piano solo to the way she sings it. The beats start in the chorus, but with those beats, she sounds even sadder to me. Her falsettos are gorgeous, and GUH I love her voice, especially in the verses ♥. This might be my favourite song off this album ^^.

2. Because Of You
This song is so.. heavy. I like how they put those light, fast beats before the chorus, as if preparing us for a chorus with a fast tempo, but then just before the chorus starts, they stop and are replaced by heavier, slower beats, piano and Gummy's voice.

3. 사랑은 없다 (There Is No Love)
I already ranted about this song and the MV here. It's a very good song! I love her "strong, independent woman" image in this song.

4. 남자라서 (As A Man)
An upbeat, sweet-sounding song that totally got me fooled; the lyrics aren't as cheery. But anyway, the MV features Kim Hyunjoong and Jung Ryeo Won! It is super adorable omg, and I think I almost forgot how gorgeous Hyunjoong is LOL. (SS501's comeback is coming soon, by the way :DD.)

5. 어떡해 (What Do I Do)
The instrumental in the beginning is pretty; I wish it was longer. I believe that songs of this type are what Gummy usually sings. I have nothing much to say about this, except that it's nice xP.

6. 구세요 (Feat. Big Tone)
A happy, catchy, almost-cute song that would make one smile. Her voice sounds like Park Bom's in the beginning o__o. Big Tone's voice is a teeny bit annoying for me, but he's still alright.