Wednesday 14 April 2010

TOO MUCH SUGAR; I NEED TO RANT.

It's 10:20 am on a Wednesday morning, a day when I'm off from work and by normal standards, usually means that I'd still be sleeping now. However, I've been up since 1 hour and 12 minutes ago, because I was awakened by my friend's phone call, telling me that she couldn't get into Sistic's website because of too much traffic. (I was supposed to wake up before 9 to wait for her call but I overslept, heh.) I was shocked and immediately turned on my computer to try to get into the website. But I couldn't get in. I think I must be stupid to not expect that to happen; I mean, it's Jay Chou's concert, like hello?! After 20 minutes of refreshing the page, though, I got in! It was a miracle, I thought. However, the website was still lagging like hell and it took ages for me to even get to the booking page. Later, when I finally managed to get seats (section PC-1, row 29, seats 1-2), I clicked the "confirm booking" button one minute plus before the 10 minutes time limit was up, only to scream in horror when the time ran out because the page was lagging so goddamn much. So I went to the Sistic homepage again, but the most expensive category, Cat1, was all sold out. The portion of Cat2, 3 and 4 reserved for Titanium OCBC card which is entitled to 10% discount, were also all sold out. So even if we were to book the Cat2/3/4, we were gonna be sitting at the back of those regions. That was 9:50+. So I gave up and told my friend that we should wait for them to open up another day. But out of curiosity, at 10:02, I went to see the tickets again. And to my surprise, it showed that there were limited tickets for Cat1! So I clicked the "book tickets" button, squealing as I did, and the best seats I got were at PB-2, row 32, seats 1-2, which are obviously way at the back of the region, but I couldn't care less. I immediately went to try booking, but when I pressed the "confirm booking" button, the page couldn't be displayed like ARGH. So I patiently pressed the back button, filled in all the details and tried again. And I FINALLY got through! So there, I'm going to be watching Jay's concert on 24th July ^^.

I was reading my posts from 3 years back when I was trying to get tickets for his previous concert. It wasn't as hectic back then, but I spent every day hoping for a second day and then queued up two hours before the Sictic outlet was open for the tickets lol ^^;;. I really hope that they are gonna open up another day for the concert, for the sake of the fans who can't get tickets to this one. I'm sure that a lot of the fans are emailing Sistic requesting for it, like I almost did when I couldn't get tickets just now, so I think the organisers will be more than happy to explore the possibility of a second day, since it means more profits for them. So it will be up to Jay's schedule and whether the Indoor Stadium is available on the 23rd/25th. The latter shouldn't be a problem, since there's nothing scheduled on both days as of now. So it's all dependent on Jay's schedule. All the best, people :)!

It's now 11:20. I've been refreshing the seats availability page every 15 minutes, and it's so exciting to watch LOLOL. All the categories are either sold out or have only single seats left. I think all the tickets are going to be gone by today, haha. He's going to break his own record that he set with his previous concert :D! I just hope that there won't be people who sell the tickets online for gastronomical prices, like what happened the previous time. Somehow I think it will happen again though >.<.

Too much excitement this early in the day must be bad for health, tsk.