Saturday 12 June 2010

籃球火 (Hot Shot)

















When this drama first came out, I actually wanted to watch it because of 小猪, but because of the seemingly unrealistic basketball playing, I lost the motivation to watch it. Later, after I got interested in Jerry Yan after watching Down With Love, I decided that I'd give this drama a try, haha.

True enough, some of the basketball part is unrealistic. Yi Lang actually stopped and swam mid-air, and the basketball he threw caught fire, like WTH LMAO. But it's not all bullshit, for other than those totally out-of-the-world things, the moves are legit.

Dong Fang Xiang is totally cool, but his actions are so comical sometimes hahaha. He is one freakin' awesome basketball player, not only because he's got great techniques and physique, but also because he's cool-headed. Jerry is a good actor, especially in emotional scenes. (I think he improved even more in Down With Love ^^.) He is so 帅! His hair is shorter here and he looks younger. And he's got such a gentle speaking voice, SIGHHH.

Yuan Da Ying is SO hilarious, like OMG HAHAHAHA! He seems like an idiot at the first glance, but he is actually not dumb; he's just innocent and naive. I admire his never-say-die attitude! Xiao Zhu's acting is very, very good. I don't know how to explain it, but his expressions are all so spot-on. My heart ached for him, even though I was still doubtful about the plot. 小猪很帅. 我再次强调: 小.猪.很.帅. It's the hair, the eyes, everything! He's also very ADORABLE guhhh. And why the heck is he so funny?! Sigh, I really love him a lot ♥♥♥.

The two male leads are definitely the best things about this drama. They look good, and most importantly, they act very well. It almost feels like they're constantly competing with each other, in terms of acting, charisma and presence. That is good news for us viewers, because we get to see great actors on the screen :).

Jie Er has a twisted view of friendship; good friends, or even best friends of opposite genders, don't hold hands, let alone hug. She should totally watch 羅志祥's 好朋友 MV -.-. I didn't feel anything for her character, which in some ways is because her character is under-developed, and in others, is due to the actress' sub-par acting. But I understand that it must have been difficult for her, since she's relatively new and the lead actors are such good actors.

The biggest downfall of this drama, I feel, is the romance part. It is really unnecessary, like just because it's a drama, they had to have a girl there. Now I know why in the initial stages of production there were news that it was difficult to find the leading girl for this drama; it's because in this drama, the focus is on the guys and basketball, and the girl is almost like an extra. And other than unnecessary, I think the romance is really IRRATIONAL. It's totally weird, and it's like the scriptwriters are trying too hard to bring the two leads together, no matter what. Or perhaps, the romance can be more convincing, if the actress can make us believe in it, when we can see her face. (MAJOR spoiler, but I don't wanna say anything 'cos that whole plot made me super irritated.)

I like W (Li Ying)! She's very smart, and hot too at that. And instead of those red sleek sports cars hot girls usually drive, she drives a jeep! How cool is that :D. I usually don't like 姐弟恋, but I wanted her and Da Ying to be together xDD.

Wu Zun is very handsome. George Hu is in this drama too! He's cute :3. I ALWAYS thought that he looks like Wu Zun, and in this drama, they acted as brothers LOL! The guy who acted as Du Fei is cute! There are really a lot of cute guys in this drama HAHAHA. I like the Qi brothers too.They're good basketball players and dancers. I like the whole basketball team :D. Michael Zhang is here too! It's kinda funny seeing Jerry Yan and him together again, since they acted together in Down With Love too ^^. He acted really well in the last two episodes, where he got to express emotions other than hatred lol.

The behind-the-scenes are so hilarious LOLOLOL. The guys are very close, and they always joke around. But I guess wherever Xiao Zhu is, there will be laughter, haha ^^.

All in all, I think Hot Shot is a pretty enjoyable drama -- it is fun, funny and some parts are touching. The ending totally sucks, but I shan't elaborate because then this post would get way too long. Ultimately, I think you should watch this drama if you're looking for something light-hearted to watch, or maybe some eye-candy xDD.