Monday 14 June 2010

side effects.

Caffeine has the same effect on me as very strong booze would, I'd think. Or maybe, that particular cup of coffee does. Every time I drink coffee, my mood instantly lifts, and that remains true till now. However, besides that, the last time I drank that coffee, I got a really bad headache and I felt like vomiting. I even took 2 Panadols, which didn't work at all. It was so bad that I had to leave early from work, taking the MRT and walking home in a daze. After that I abstained from coffee for a few weeks, and then one day I drank one from a different place, which didn't give me any problem. So today, since I was in a crappy, crappy mood, I drank that coffee again, which I actually like a lot, since I thought that since I was fine the previous time, maybe the problem doesn't lie with caffeine, after all. True enough, I felt happier after that, but shortly after, the side effects kicked in. Headache, argh. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as the first time, but now I know what the pain feels like -- a hangover. I had felt like this, when I woke up in the morning after getting tipsy from drinking the previous night. The difference is, while I didn't get a headache when I was floating in the clouds right after I drank, after drinking that coffee, I was bouncing up and down on earth with the headache. Would that how drinking stronger alcohol make me feel?