Sunday 25 July 2010

24.07.10 Jay Chou The Era Concert



























The concert was AMAZING! I think the main highlight of the concert is the technology used. The 4D effect in the beginning was super cool 'cos it looked like Jay was really there, and throughout the concert there were nice 3D animations too. Jay sang quite a number of songs from his new album, and also a couple of unexpected ones from his older albums. This time he only played the piano and a little bit of guitar though. He danced for a few songs too. Vocally he performed okay, with some variations here and there, but a few times he sounded strained. He worked the crowd well, changing some of the lyrics on purpose and telling the audience that the chairs were for us to put our bags, not for us to sit on. Audience-wise, generally the crowd was very supportive, waving their lightsticks and cheering for Jay. It's awesome how everyone seemed to know how to sing every song, so there were lots of sing-alongs, initiated or not. The lyrics were displayed on the screens for us and a big LED screen at the back for Jay, which I think was a very good move haha XD. A few times I saw Jay laughing a little to himself when he changed the lyrics; lol he's so cute. There was this tall guy I noticed two rows from mine who was wearing working clothes and looked all prim and proper, but during one upbeat song he was waving his stick (the thing with air in it, I don't know what it's called) and even dancing a little LOL. That, is the power of Jay's music :).

Jay's mum and grandmother were there too! They were sitting at the last row of our block ^^. I think it's sweet how the two always follow Jay around for his concert tours. And Stefanie Sun was there too in the audience!

As for my personal experience, we were sitting at Row 32 in the middle block, so we had a good view. I had a really great time cheering until my voice was gone, and waved the lightstick the whole time until my hand was so sore. The people around my friend and I weren't that "high", probably because they were all adults. We were being very good audience, even if I say so myself, 'cos we cheered even for The Drifters -- the guest performer -- when all the people around us were sitting down, that one of them saw and pointed at us XD. And before the encore we were the only ones shouting for Jay haha ^^;;. There was a video in the middle of the concert showing Jay's journey in the past 10 years, at the end of which there were words on the screen from Jay, thanking us for being with him all these years, saying that he hopes that we'll still be with him for the next 10 years, and reassuring us that he won't fall easily, since he's Jay Chou. I teared a little at that, lol.

I love Jay :).