Saturday 9 August 2008

This virus..

..really sucks.

My right eye used to be just red, a bit swollen, teary all the time and I get the feeling of the muscles around it being pulled dangerously close to my eyeball popping out when I bend down. The teary part is just a chore; I have to wake up every 10 minutes to wipe my eye when I'm about to sleep but still half awake, but when I do fall asleep and subsequently wake up I'll have trouble opening my eyes 'cos the dried up discharge cause my eyelids to stick together. I've been sleeping a lot these few days because of my eyes, but even then I don't really feel very rested 'cos I have to wake up every now and then.

On Thursday, it got both my eyes, which caused me to miss school to see the doctor on Friday. I got two new eye drops from there; one to be applied once every two hours (let's call this one A) and the other four times a day (B). A really stings when it is applied and somehow a few minutes later some very bitter phlegm will form in my throat. B is okay; it doesn't do anything noticeable to me. It's troublesome to apply these eye drops since I have to apply B 15 minutes after A when the timing clash, not to mention the fact that I have to run to the sink to spit like twice every two hours. Since Thursday, it's been painful to blink.

Today I had a PW meeting to do WR draft; in the afternoon even though I could feel my eyes getting worse they were still relatively fine, but now I can barely open them. The whites of the eyes are redder than I last saw, the eyeballs are swollen and feel like they're gonna burst, now it's painful to even move them around and basically it's just painful. It may sound like I've been exerting my eyes too much or something, but actually, I slept after dinner, from 6.30 to 9.30 pm (minus the waking-ups every 2 hours).

This is the first time I've felt this way in a long time, but I really want to do my homework (plural!), study for Chemistry SPA and Maths test for Tuesday and practice guitar for Wednesday's lunchtime concert. I'm supposed to go to the zoo for SL training on Monday, and I'm wondering whether I can even go.

It's an evil virus too; it hurts so much more when I'm about to cry.


Gosh I whine too much.