Tuesday 28 October 2008

The Grand Tribe















I just finished watching Karei-naru Ichizoku (The Grand Tribe), which stars Takuya Kimura. And OMG in the last episode he shot himself with a rifle T_____T. Why the heck is the whole story so convoluted that someone as optimistic and strong as Teppei would feel so bad about his own existence that he killed himself. What a horribly sad ending =((.

How did he manage to look so good just lying in a coffin? LOL xD.

This drama is very serious and can get boring at times, plus the storyline is quite far-fetched (because I refuse to believe that such things do happen in real life, otherwise I'd lose the tiny bit of faith I have in humanity, lol) and I felt suffocated just by the thought of having such a family *shudders*, but I think the acting of the cast made it good. They all act very convincingly and surprisingly, I don't dislike any of them. Taro (Teppei's son) is so adorable :D!

Kimura speaks with a lot of passion and conviction, as seen clearly in his eyes =). Oh and of course, he is as kakkoi as always xDD.

Next I'll watch Gift, which was released in 1997 (his long hair there makes me cringe, but I've long decided to watch all his dramas, so yeah xP), and after that, Change, which was released only this year. Apparently the ratings for Change weren't that good for a drama starring Takuya Kimura =X.