Thursday 12 November 2009

it's kinda amusing.

My mum and I were watching the drama that was airing on TV yesterday, while we were having dinner. There was a scene where the guy was downing glasses of beer, while making that "Ekkkhhhh" sound Koreans usually make when they drink, squinting his eyes at the same time. So my mum wondered out loud why people drink beer when they are down, even when it seems so difficult for them to swallow it, since it's bitter. So I answered, without thinking, that because the beer is bitter, they can focus on its bitter taste and pretend that the bitter aftertaste left in their mouths is due to the beer, and not because due to whatever troubles they have, everything tastes bitter; that because swallowing it down is difficult, they can concentrate on that and forget about the heaviness weighing down their chests.

I was crapping; I've never drunk before ^^;;.