Thursday 26 November 2009

Mr. Brain











(Dramawiki)

Takuya Kimura stars as Tsukumo Ryusuke, a neuroscientist working for the National Research Institute of Police Science. This drama follows how he used neuroscience in solving crimes, along with his assistant Yuri Kazune, as well as policemen Tanbara Tomomi and Hayashida Toranosuke.

I was really looking forward to watching this drama! The topic itself -- neuroscience -- is good enough reason to watch the drama; it's really interesting. I learnt a lot, haha ^^. After watching this drama I've become even more interested in neurology and psychology :). The cases always turn out differently from what the audience would expect, which is a good thing. Some of them are very touching too. But 8 episodes are just too short :((. The ending wasn't very conclusive either. I hope there'll be a sequel to this! But Takuya Kimura doesn't usually do sequels :S.

And this drama is unexpectedly HILARIOUS; it made me laugh a lot xDD. The cartoon characters are sooo adorable! :DD

Kimura's acting is just awesome :)). He brought out Tsukumo's quirky personality, which often made me laugh at his silliness, and at the same time when he got serious and spoke with conviction in his eyes, he was totally cool. And now I think he looks good with long hair too ^^.

I like the supporting characters as well, especially Tanbara. He's a very good policeman! Hayashida is a scaredy cat lol xP. The other scientists are funny too! And there are a lot of guest stars in the drama, which is a plus x). I recognised a lot of them, which made me realise that I have been watching quite a lot of Japanese dramas lol ^^;;.

Oh and I realised that this is the third drama with Mizushima Hiro that I've watched, after Hana Kimi and Zettai Kareshi. He's good-looking! xP

This might just be my second favourite drama of Takuya Kimura, after Pride ^^.