Tuesday 25 May 2010

就想賴著妳 (Down with Love)














I watched this drama because of Ella, and because the pairing seems interesting. Usually I watch a drama after it has finished airing and all the episodes are subbed, but I actually watched this episode by episode as it aired in Taiwan; wow how rare xD. That says a lot about the drama -- it's really good :DD! The scriptwriters have a GREAT sense of humour LOL.

Yang Guo is a very hardworking, realistic girl. She's a very kind person! And she's so adorable; even I feel like hugging her sometimes :3. Ella is hilarious HAHAHA. She's got such an awesome personality! And actually even though she keeps her hair short, she's quite feminine. She's very pretty :). There were a few times I felt her acting was quite exaggerated, but for the most part, it was fine. And she got a lot better at emotional scenes too!

Yu Ping is suave as the big-shot lawyer, but really adorable like a kid when he's with Yang Guo. Yu Ping is very, very considerate towards Yang Guo, in the little ways that would make one smile :)). Even though he seems like a difficult person to get along with, he's actually really nice. In addition, he's super smart and has a high EQ. The gentle way Yu Ping gazes at Yang Guo never fails to make me melt into a puddle of goo *_____*. By episode 9, he had climbed his way into my list of "Mr Perfect"s, hahaha xDD. 項羽平, 我愛死你了 ♥♥♥. HOWEVER, in the later episodes he became a tad too possessive and albeit cute, if I was Yang Guo I'd feel super irritated lol ^^;;.

Jerry Yan is a great actor :). I really liked how he acted out his parts; all the details felt natural, from the way he smiled/smirked, the way he sighed/held his breath, to the way he lowered his gaze/shifted his eyes. That kind of smile, as if he can't help but smile when thinking about Yang Guo, makes the audience smile with him. There were a few scenes of his that actually made me teared up, LMAO. There was this crying scene of his that made me say, "OUCH" out loud, 'cos it was so painful just watching him. I can go on and on, but I'll stop here HAHA. It's nice seeing how his acting has improved since Meteor Garden! Appearance-wise, he is kinda like Oguri Shun; he's not that handsome, but attractive. No, make that very attractive. I think it's the way he stares at Yang Guo, the way he secretly smiles to himself, his face structure, and his very gentle speaking voice ROFL. I think after this drama, I'm going to be watching out for Jerry's future works ^^.

There was once news about Skip Beat! being made into a drama, where Ariel Chen would act as Kyoko and Jerry Yan as Ren. At that time I was vehemently against Ren's casting, as I thought that he's not good-looking enough to act as Ren. But after this drama, somehow I can see Jerry as Ren LOL. I think he'll be able to pull the acting off. Of course, he's still not as good-looking as Ren, but there probably isn't anyone who is good-looking enough in my eyes to be Ren xP.

Yu Ping and Yang Guo are very funny together LOL. They argue a lot, and their arguments always make me burst into laughter haha! Some scenes are very sweet too! I love their all scenes together. And Ping + Guo = Ping Guo HAHAHA! Jerry and Ella have AMAZING chemistry and are SO adorable off-screen :DD. Apparently Jerry is usually an introverted person who keeps his distance from others, but as he said it himself, Ella changed him. That is one of the many reasons why Ella is so awesome, by the way. I've been watching their videos together and they seem very close. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for them to get together for real :)!

Ke Zhong is a good person. He's charming, perceptive and tactful. He'd do anything for the one he loves. That's why when everyone was cursing him when he used Yang Guo, I still couldn't hate him; he was too pitiful ;__;. From the very beginning, he treated Yang Guo well, because he's someone who is nice towards everyone. But when he used her, he started to feel obliged to be nice towards her, because he knew that he was doing a terrible thing towards such a good girl and he felt guilty. He's a good person, but still, what he did was wrong. What he did was wrong, but still, he's a good person. LOL, what the hell am I saying. Anyway, Ke Zhong is just a great guy! Michael Zhang did great, especially in the latter episodes. I felt so sorry for him :((.

I like Yang Duo; she's such an awesome big sister :DD. She's so stingy and calculative, but she's very smart! And it's hilarious how money-faced she is LOL. Her job interview cum confession was seriously THE BEST okay! I've always thought that the actress who acts as her looks like Jolin. She really does, okay; a lot!

If you haven't noticed already, I always have so little to say about female characters/actresses, but a lot about the male ones. It's nothing to do with whether I like the character/actress or not (because I like Ella a whole lot); it's just because I am a girl, LOL.

Yu Fei is pretty and so smart! Yu Ting (Xiao Xiao Bin!) is adorable :3. Hui Fang is an annoying, selfish bitch, but she's also pitiful. Liang Zhi Hao is cute haha!

One of the best things about this drama is that it has one really awesome soundtrack, 禮物. Other than the actors' great acting, the song really made the emotional scenes.

Somewhere in the middle this drama got a little draggy, but the actors' acting made up for it. Its ending is a bit disappointing; I wanted to see Ping Guo's super romantic wedding! And they should have given Yang Duo a clear ending, even though I guess it's already assumed that she would end up with Qi 大哥. But overall, it's a good drama :).