Thursday 6 May 2010

100506 Beast @ M!Countdown

Easy (Sincere Version)

Beast released this "Sincere Version" of the song as a digital single last week. I didn't manage to post it because I was too busy listening to Jay's new single, but I think it's very good -- it really does feel more sincere, lol xD. Other than rearranging the parts, they stripped down the background music in the beginning to just mostly piano, violin and cello, plus I think they re-recorded the parts in the first verse and chorus to bring out the softer feeling of the song. The only thing that bothers me is Junhyung's newly-added two English sentences in the beginning, though; I love Junhyung, but I really can't make out what he's saying ^^;;. His rapping part in the middle of the song is absolutely my favourite part off this song, by the way!

Anyway! The performance is awesome. Everyone nailed his part perfectly. But hey, that's nothing new, since they have been performing really well in the other radio performances of this song :). The boys are looking great too! I don't know why Hyunseung always gets weird hairstyles during the first single promotion period, but has awesome hair during the follow-up song LOL.


Special
After all the speculations, it turned out that their follow-up song is Special! That's what I thought from the very beginning, okay xPP. It's just kinda funny that after Shock, they released an MV for Take Care of My Girlfriend, then released another version of Easy, but then now they're going to be performing Special as their follow-up song. They sure like to keep the fans guessing, huh? Not that I'm complaining, though, 'cos I think that this song can leave a stronger impact than Easy. But I still wished that they would be performing Take Care of My Girlfriend instead.

About the performance, vocally it was good, though not without slightly pitchy parts here and there. Yoseob's hoarse voice here totally rocks, 'nuff said xDDD. I was disappointed with the choreography though; a lot of times the boys were just standing around doing nothing, like huh DD:. I LOVE the group robotic moves thing during Junhyung's rap starting at 2:14 and that little floor move, though, and the dance after that got a little tighter. I know that even though the moves seem lax, they are more difficult than Shock choreography, since this one has a lot more popping and what not. Still, I hope they will modify it a little x__x. I think that more can be done, since this song is a powerful dance track that can leave an impression on viewers. Like what they did with Mystery and Shock, they should have invented a move that is easy to remember, and if necessary, easy to imitate, at the "Special, special, special guy" part in the beginning of the choruses. I know nuts about dance so I can't give any specific examples, but really, think harder, guys!