Friday 21 May 2010

firsts are intimidating.

I experienced a lot of firsts in this week alone. On Wednesday I went to a friend's house to bake my first tart, yesterday I attended my first hip hop lesson, and today I went ice skating for the first time with my colleagues. The tart turned out okay; it tasted good and looked okay, but the texture wasn't that great. It was quite an accomplishment for the first time, though, and the process was exciting. The hip hop lesson was held in a rather fast pace, and even though it was a beginners' course, I think most of the students have had a little dance background, to say the least. It was quite fun, but I struggled to keep up with the class and left me feeling stupid. I think it has something to do with my level of confidence, though; I need to just let go, which is difficult. The ice skating was exciting, but in a terrifying sort of way, because during those times I almost fell, my heart skipped so many beats I felt that I lost a few years of my life in the process. And it left me feeling depressed, 'cos I felt like I was being a burden. So after three rounds of holding on for my dear life to the sides of the rink, I stopped altogether. I don't like to depend on people.

Firsts are always scary, I guess.