Saturday 17 October 2009

graduation.

Yesterday was J2's graduation day.

I realised that my class only got closer in the last few months, and yet now, we already have to part. I've been regretting this since the last week of school started, and I'm still regretting it now. I'm happy, though, that I've met all these great people. Seriously, you guys rock :D. I hope we can stay in touch.

I am actually part of the reason why I didn't get closer with the rest of class. If you know me well enough, you'd know that I've always had walls around me; lead walls thick enough to absorb even gamma radiation. For me, showing what I feel without hiding anything, is like walking around with a signboard saying, "Kick me, I'm brittle." So I used all means to hide my vulnerable self, insecurities, inferiority complex. I didn't talk to people first, not because I didn't want to, but because I was afraid of rejection; I didn't talk that much, partly because I was worried that people would find whatever I said uninteresting; I stayed away, because I thought I'd be left out even when I was in the crowd. In short, I didn't like myself, so there was no way others would like me for who I was, or so I thought.

A few months into this year, though, I started liking myself more, and I diverted my "don't-care" attitude from not caring about the things going on around me, to not caring about what other people would think of me. It wasn't easy, putting down a mask I've worn for as long as I could remember. But slowly, I could say what I felt and do what I wanted, without being bothered if I would get laughed at. I could be myself, because I had accepted myself. I think that's why I eventually got a little closer with the class, haha ^^;;.

I've learnt a lot in these two years, not just academically, but also from the people I've met. To everyone who became a part of my life, thank you :).