Friday 9 October 2009

optimism :).

I don't know why I usually listen to sadder songs, other than because they generally sound better and are easier to relate to, but I've been listening to more optimistic songs these past few days. That's why, even though I look half dead in school (been sleeping at wee hours), I'm generally happier these days x).

I think no song can be more optimistic than American Idol winning songs, which are all about achieving one's dreams. So those are exactly what I've been listening to: Taylor Hicks' Do I Make You Proud, Jordin Sparks' This is My Now, David Cook's Time of My Life, and Kris Allen's No Boundaries.

See if you can figure out which lines are from which songs x).

I, was never the one to raise my hand; lived in a shell, hiding from myself; was so afraid, 'cos I thought I'd reached the end.
But that was then.
Now I know that I am made of more than my yesterdays, and I’ve learned to love myself, in spite of me.
And you; you gave me one good reason to fight and never walk away.
So here I am, rising from the ashes, finding my wings;
realising that all that I needed was there all along, within my reach, as close as the beat of my heart.
I'm holding on, believing that I'll make it through the pain, to get to that one thing.
I don't know where the future's heading, but nothing's gonna bring me down.

I'll taste every moment and live it out loud; break every rule, 'cos there's nothing between me and my dreams.
'Cos I know this is the time, to be more than a name or a face in the crowd.
'Cos I know, this is the time of my life.


Jiayou, everyone :).