Tuesday 29 December 2009

Code Blue













(Dramawiki)

Like any other medical dramas, Code Blue is very human. I almost cried a lot of times while watching every episode and a few scenes really did make me cry, because even though they didn't seem like a big deal, the humanity of the scenes touched me. It's a very good drama. Prepare tissues, though xP. Watch the SP too! And there's gonna be a second season next year; I can't wait :D.

I think humans are very strong. Everyone has a past, but they live on, carrying their own burden. And everyone is flawed.

Medical dramas always make me think a lot. When one sees his loved one suffering, he may say/think that he'd want to trade places with that person. But if that really could happen, when he's the one who is suffering, he might regret it. And when one sees her loved one caught between life and death, anything else doesn't seem to matter; the only thing that matters is that that person survives. But when he really makes it, the post-surgery conditions, like paralysis, might eventually tire her out. She might then wish that he had been dead instead. These sound cruel, but am I wrong? Of course, I'd like to think that because of love, one would still be relieved that his loved one doesn't have to suffer like he is suffering, or he would be thankful that that person survives, even while he is shouting in pain, or while he's complaining that he's tired. But is it too idealistic of me to think that way?

Aizawa seems like a really cold, hardened person. Like Kuroda-sensei said, he's "cool-headed, skillful, doesn't get too emotionally involved with the patient. He might just be a born surgeon. Including his arrogance." Yes, he is a very good doctor; there's a stark difference in the level of competency and confidence between his and his fellow trainees'. But it's kinda scary how emotionless he seems most of the time :/. He gets better with each episode though. And I think he's a bit obsessed with himself; he keeps looking at his fingers LOL. Yamapi is a very good actor :)). And he's so good-looking xDD.

Shiraishi is a textbook doctor; she knows the theories inside out. She's very kind, but she gets too emotional sometimes. Aragaki Yui is very pretty!

Aizawa and Shiraishi make up the OTP in this show. Even though there aren't any sparks of romance between the two, they always end up working together, so we know that they are supposed to end up together. (I learnt that lesson from Atashinchi no Danshi LOL.) Well, there's also the Aizawa/Saejima pair, but I think that two people who are so similar to each other shouldn't be together ^^;;.

Hiyama is quite a bitch, but she's actually not a bad person. And I like her; she's openly a bitch when she feels like it, but is unexpectedly nice in her own way when others are feeling down.

Fujikawa is over-confident and is kinda incompetent, but he's a very nice person. He's always cheerful and is quite adorable :3. I like how he always wishes others well, even when he's feeling sucky himself. He's the type whom people would find annoying when he's around, but would be missed when he's gone. I like him!

The senior doctors are all really tough. They're all so sugoi, ne. Kuroda-sensei is the no-nonsense, fair person. And he's such an awesome doctor; I admire him a lot *__*. Mitsui-sensei is straightforward but thoughtful. Morimoto-sensei is funny, but poor him; no one listens to him lol xD. The other characters are very likeable too, like the director of the hospital and the helicopter pilot x).

I think I cry more and more easily as I get older :S. And you know, I really do want to be a doctor.