Wednesday 14 November 2007

Linkin Park rocks. period.

The concert was awesome. It started at around 9 and ended around 10.30, so it was only a 1.5 hour show. But quality matters more than quantity. The band's playing and Mike's rapping sounded perfect, Chester's screaming was totally o.0. In a good way, though. Very controlled. At first when he started singing, I thought that he sounded different than in records, kinda higher. But after a while he sounded fine. I noticed that he was wearing what looked like a red glove on his right hand, but I just found out that it was actually a cast. He broke his wrist when he jumped off (well, fell off) the stage in Australia last month. But he still continued to sing then. That's professionalism, man. (but still, ouch.)

The crowd was so high, all singing along to the songs. At first I thought that there weren't gonna be much people as the tickets weren't even sold out yet, but it turned out that the whole stadium was almost full; there were only a few seats left here and there. Although Michelle and me got seats, sometime in the beginning Mike asked everybody to stand up and so we did throughout. Somehow when they were singing I forgot some of the song titles though. xP The whole concert seemed short, but the fact is, they sang about 20 songs. I don't remember I have ever been so high in my life before. One word: ! I'm so buying the concert DVD. And if they come to Singapore again, I'm gonna get the standing tickets in front. xD

If you wanna know how good Linkin Park is live, watch this (not from last night's concert). Given Up was the first song in the concert (after Wake), and the screaming just kicks ass.

Shadow of The Day (MV)
I close both locks below the window
I close both blinds and turn away
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

[Chorus]
And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey
And the sun will set for you

In cards and flowers on your window
Your friends all plead for you to stay
Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way