Monday 19 November 2007

Takuya Kimura

I don't think I ever spazzed about Takuya Kimura other than the one mentioning that he's a good actor. I've just watched Hero SP on Channel U yesterday, so I feel like spazzing a little. =P

At first, I didn't think that he was handsome. Frankly, until now I still don't think he is. He's just good looking (in my dictionary, good looking does not equate to handsome). The first of his drama that I watched was Pride, and it remains as my favourite Asian drama ever. Honestly, before I watched that drama I never described any guy as "sexy" before. But after I watched it, I understood the meaning of the word. No, I'm not exaggerating. His role there is just so manly, so hard to understand yet so simple. I cant find any words to describe, but if you watch it, you may understand what I'm talking about. Satonaka Haru (but he's called Halu) is the drama character that I like most. The ratings for the drama wasn't that good compared to his other dramas though. =/


















Acting-wise, what can I say? I said before that he's my favourite actor. Maybe it's because no matter how bad his hair may look in some dramas, he always keeps me glued to the screen. Maybe it's because no matter what role he's acting as, it always comes across as believable. Uhm, I don't know?

Popularity-wise, he's needless to say the most popular Japanese actor. Ask any Japanese and they'd say that they know who Takuya Kimura is. Even though he's been in the entertainment industry for a decade, his dramas still top the ratings. The average rating for his dramas is 30%, while other Jdoramas usually only reach 20+% at most. All the discussions about who is gonna be "the next Takuya Kimura" is proof that his level of fame is the one that every actor is aiming for. I can go on and on, but it'll be too long as until now I'm still amazed at how popular he is.

Just for your information, he's 35 years old. Yeah yeah, I know that's like old. But I believe that all those charm comes with age, really. If you compare his facial features now and when he first acted in Long Vacation, you'd notice that they look quite different. Now he looks more rugged; his facial features and expressions just scream "character". Younger actors have prettier faces, but they don't leave as much an impression as he does. Even at that age and being a father of two daughters, he can still look like that, so that's saying something. And I still think that he's the only male that can pull off long hair without looking feminine. I'm not a fan of guys with long hair; I firmly believe that any guy looks better with short-ish hair. Even though the same goes for Takuya Kimura, he still looks good with long hair, so I don't really mind either way. But I'm watching Love Generation now and in the first episode, I had the urge to snip his hair off. xD



















Oh, I forgot to say that I really like his eyes. Well actually I like eyes in general. Very.. intense. xD