Wednesday 28 November 2007

the legend.

After watching this video of Dongwan and Hyesung singing together, I felt this urge to write about Shinhwa. Where do I start? Well, firstly I have Theodora to thank for introducing me to this wonderful group. I think I first listened to the song Midnight Girl (actually I heard Perfect Man way back when I was in Indo, but I didn't know who they were); found that I actually liked it; and then went to watch the variety shows they appeared in. They are, in short, the cutest bunch of dorks you can find (yes, even DBSK can't beat them in that aspect). That was what got me into them in the first place. Xman episodes with Shinhwa are always the funniest ones. Each member is different, but if you see them together you can just feel the bond they share.

In terms of music, I must admit that I like mostly their ballads. Of course, there are a lot of their faster songs that are good, but they're only the ones from the 7th album onwards. The style of the songs in their early days just isn't my favourite. =X But frankly, I love their ballads as they always manage to find a balance between singing and rapping. Everything seems to fit together nicely and in place. It doesn't hurt that the singers (Hyesung, Dongwan and Minwoo) and rappers (Eric, Junjin, Andy) do their respective job really well, too. =)

Some nice songs:
Perfect Man
Brand New
Angel
Crazy
Once In A Lifetime
2gether Forever
(there are more, but they weren't made into music videos)











^the members, from left: Hyesung, Junjin, Minwoo, Dongwan, Eric, Andy

Pictures!


























^After they won Daesang in 2004. The award was hard-earned and long-awaited; just look at their faces. ^^







































^Them on Yashimmanman. Watch it, it's totally full of crack. =D























Can you feel the love? 'Cos I totally can. xD

I really really miss seeing Shinhwa together. Dongwan was talking about how he thought the group had split up in this recent episode of YSMM, and it made me really sad. They're all good with their solo activities and everything, but somehow it's just different when all of them are together. Of course I'm aware that no matter how much you want them to, groups don't stay together forever. But I can still dream, right? T.T

I foresee a string of posts for Shinhwa in the future, but I'll stop here for now. ^^