Monday 24 December 2007

fiction.

I've been watching dramas these days, which explains my lack of posts. So now I feel like taking a break and do short reviews of some of them. During the holidays, I watched 5 dramas: Witch Yoo Hee, Love Generation, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Japan), Coffee Prince and A Million Stars Falling from the Sky. I feel quite accomplished, really, since initially I was kinda reluctant to start watching any of them.


Hanazakari no Kimitachi e













Initially, I watched this drama for Oguri Shun, and also because I was curious of how different it would be from the Taiwanese version. Shun did a good job portraying the character of Sano. However, I thought this role totally didn't allow him to show his acting capabilities; most of the time all he had to do was to stand there looking cool. He looks good though. xD That aside, I had a good laugh watching the show, mostly because Nakatsu's funny actions and facial expressions. The only complaint I have is that no matter how I looked at Mizuki, she looked like a girl through and through. She might have behaved like a guy in the first two episodes, but from then I couldn't help but wonder why anyone could be fooled into thinking that she was a male. She's really pretty, though. Overall, I think this drama is better than the Taiwanese one, in terms of the male lead's acting (I swear I'm not biased), the story progression, and the ending.

A quote by the dearest Nakatsu:
-----------------------------------------------
If you are hurt, shout it out!
If you want to cry, let it out!
Stop acting cool, you freaking idiot!
-----------------------------------------------
..which are words that I can never say.

bonus:


















^Sano!








^ROFL retarded face. xDD


Coffee Prince












I watched this drama for Yoon Eun Hye, since the whole 'girl acting like a guy' thing seems to be the 'in' thing now. I must say that out of the three female actresses that have done this type of role, her actions were the most 'guy-ish' one. I could imagine myself mistook her for a guy if not for her face. I thought that both her and the male lead (Goong Yoo) did a good job in the crying scenes, as somehow I felt like they were drowning in their sorrow when they cried. I laughed a lot too when I was watching him starting to have feelings for her. I enjoyed watching most parts of the drama, except for the parts about the family, which were quite boring. The 'Princes' are really likeable too, whether it's the innocent 'gorilla', the cheerful playboy, or the cool 'waffle-guy'. It's a good drama.

Anyway, to all the homosexuals out there, I'm truly sorry that once upon a time I thought that you guys were weirdos and freaks. I now understand that it must have been hard to accept it yourselves. I know that feelings are uncontrollable, so it's inevitable. It's nobody's fault.


A Million Stars Falling from the Sky
A Takuya Kimura drama. I just finished watching it in two days, and I must say that I got hooked not because it's him, but because of the plot. Out of these five dramas, it's the only one that I didn't fast forward any part because the story is so tense. It's very unexpected, which would probably keep you watching to the end no matter how disturbed you were by the whole darkness of the drama. The actors were all good; I especially liked Akashiya Sanma as Kanzo and Shibasaki Kou as Yuki. Everyone commented that the ending was very sad, but for me, it was a fitting one; I wouldn't want the story to end any other way.

Takuya Kimura acted as Ryo, a cold, unfeeling and cruel man who by the middle of the story, I already deemed as someone wasn't fit to be a human. I suspect that he wasn't really a human inside, actually, since humans are creatures of emotions and it's just impossible to be so unfeeling as him. But anyway, even though it's Takuya Kimura, I wanted Ryo dead. No matter how good-looking he is, how pitiful his past was, or how much he wants to change; someone who had done so much bad things in life didn't even deserve a chance to have a new life. I must give credit to Kimura, though, as he totally convinced me that Ryo was a cold-blooded murderer by his killer eyes (which means beautiful eyes but here it also means the eyes of a murderer), and his slight smile when he was facing someone but a blank and almost evil look when that person turned away from him. There were a lot of kissing (damn he's a good kisser) and killing, but for my part, there was a lot of frustration, disgust and fear. Yes, I was damn bloody scared of him. Which speaks volumes about his acting. However, really, even though this drama totally exploits and shows Kimura's good looks, if you want to just drool over him, DON'T watch this drama. Watch Good Luck!!, Engine, or any other drama of his. Because this may be too emotionally draining for you. Seriously, I'm now still pondering about Ryo's character and imagining how terrible it'd be if someone like him really exists. *shudders*

But now, I'll reward you with pictures of Takuya Kimura.
























































Say it with me: kakkoiii! xD