Thursday 5 June 2008

EPIK HIGH.



Epik High is made up of Tablo (leader!) and Mithra who rap, and DJ Tukutz who is obviously a DJ (and dances very well too). I'm not a fan of Hip-hop, but seriously, I can't NOT love Epik High. I don't give a shit for looks, really 90% of the time, so don't expect me to talk about hot guys all the time. xP

I actually knew Tablo from way back, but I only start really listening to Epik High after Anyband. I really love Tablo's rapping (remember the line "Music, she's my life, so I'm loving her through day and night"?) and his English too (he graduated from Stanford University with a degree in English Literature; his English is wayy better than mine! and it sounds hot xD), Mithra sounds good too, plus Tukutz' scratching parts go together with the songs nicely. They perform LIVE really well. =)

One of the things I love about Epik High - their lyrics. They don't rap about hot girls and such; their lyrics are deep and intense (I don't understand some of them =X). Some of them are controversial, even. The love songs are meaningful, not fairy-tale like, sappy or cheesy. Most of their MVs are hard to understand though. Oh and they did say that from the 4th album onwards, there is gonna be "no genre, just music". They have quite a few decent almost-instrumental or talking songs too. So no matter how much you hate Western Hip-hop (like I do), you just have to try them out, 'cos I say that you won't regret it!

I'll just list every songs that I rated 5 stars in each album (excluding talking tracks), but there may not be any link to listen to them online, so just tell me if you want them. =)

* - my favourites

Map of the Human Soul











풍파 (feat. 한상원)
I Remember* (MV)
10년 뒤에 (Dear Me) (feat. Leeds) (LIVE)
Lesson One (Tablo's Word) (audio)
Love Song (Feat. 박성웅) (audio)
Free Love (LIVE)
막을 내리며 (Dedication)


High Society











High Skool (LIVE)
평화의 날 (Day of Peace)* (MV | LIVE)
My Ghetto (feat. 김연우)
Lady (High Society)
피해망상 Pt. 3 (with TBNY)
11월 1일* (feat. 김재석 of Wanted) (audio)
뚜뚜루
혼자라도 (Being Alone) (feat. Clazziquai) (MV)
Daydream (audio)
뒷담화


Swan Songs











Fly (MV | LIVE 1 2)
그녀는 몰라 (Feat. MYK)
이별, 만남... 그 중점에서* (feat. Alex)
Paris (MV | LIVE)
Let It Rain* (LIVE 1 2)
도시가 눈을 감지 않는 이유 (Feat. 이정, I.F.)
사진첩 (Photo Album) (LIVE)


Remapping the Human Soul











백야(白夜)
알고 보니* (feat. Jinbo)
Mr Doctor (audio)
Still Life
피해망상 Pt. 1* (feat. Junggigo)
희생양 (feat. Sweet Sorrow)
Nocturne (Tablo's Word) (audio)
혼 (LIVE)
Flow* (feat. EMI Hinouchi) (audio)
Fan* (MV | LIVE 1 2)
Love Love Love* (feat. 융진) (MV | making of | LIVE 1 2 3)
Girl Rock (feat. Jiae)
행복합니다 (feat. Nell)


Pieces, Part One











Be (audio)
Breakdown (LIVE)
One* (MV | LIVE 1 2 3 4 5)
연필깎이 (Pencil Sharpener) (feat. Kebee) (audio)
Girl* (feat. Jinbo) (audio)
The Future (feat. Yankie) (audio)
Ignition (feat. 나윤권) (audio)
우산 (Umbrella)* (feat. 윤하) (audio)


Quotes:
Can the poor and the hungry survive solely on grace? --Lesson One
Fly! No matter what the world says. --Fly
Love is pain. --Let It Rain
Promises are broken as easily as you would be able to break your little finger. --알고 보니
No one knows what I'm feeling. Actually, you're the only one who doesn't know. --Love Love Love
Hope is a paper boat that sinks, isn't it sad? --One


I decided to upload the * songs, so CLICK! You know you want to. xD