Monday 9 June 2008

The Person I Love.


















I just finished watching Dongwan's drama, The Person I Love. It's about Seok Joo (Dongwan) who ditched his girlfriend, Seo Young (Eun Jung), even though she already had his baby, Ji Eun (POOR BABY; such a cute kid too), to marry Jung Min, his boss' daughter.











The first three episodes are full of sugar; Seok Joo and Seo Young were just so so sweet, I totally melted. (I really won't mind Dongwan and Eun Jung dating in real life; they are so cute together xD) Which made me sad just thinking about how he would leave her later.












Dongwan totally succeeded in making me hate Seok Joo; I lost count how many times I've cursed at the screen because of him. At first I liked him a lot, but as I watched more episodes, my dislike for him shot up. He was actually not that bad a person; he was friendlier, polite, hardworking, and cared a lot for his family. Then starting from episode 4, the way he treated Seo Young changed 180 degrees, he became cold. I can tell that he really really loved Seo Young even until the end, so WHY the heck did he betray her? I mean, he had been poor all his life and I understand that he wanted to get rich, lead a better life and get recognition for all his efforts, but was his feelings that cheap? He's so blinded, it's scary. Truthfully my conscience didn't allow me to pity him, even though I know he was suffering like hellll himself when he left Seo Young. After all, he had to betray himself to betray Seo Young. But it's your own choice, so you shouldn't complain, arse. Such a WEAK, SHAMELESS, INSANE guy. I should stop now, since I'll curse him more if I continue. Here's a really good character analysis of Seok Joo (2nd post from the top).



























I think Dongwan's face must be tired and have more wrinkles on his forehead after this drama; he frowned so much! I didn't mix him up for Seok Joo even for one second after he changed, seriously, 'cos even if the face is the same, Dongwan is always smileyyy and funny and friendly while Seok Joo is sdkfjlhsjkghARGH. I had to stop myself a few of times from feeling sorry for him, really, for which Dongwan's great acting is to blame. (I almost cried with him T.T) Which is why I need to applaud him here. *clapclap* Honestly Dongwan looks good in this drama, BUT I loathe Seok Joo so much, a lot of times I can't stand looking at his face.












Seo Young is a very pretty and sweet girl; I really like her. She's a courteous wife and devoted mother, and she put up with the shitty attitude Seok Joo was treating her with. I thought Eun Jung acted very very well; she can really cry in seconds (it's scary) and I felt almost depressed when she still maintained that graceful and dignified appearance, but a drop of tear just fell. But it was even sadder when she broke down completely. She looked like she was about to suffocate and die, and somehow I felt suffocated too. T.T I was so scared that she would go insane. It was so scary when she just fell on the floor with a wooden expression and her eyes full open. At first I thought that she would use Sang Min to take revenge on Seok Joo, but she didn't. She isn't such a person.












^the fox, Jung Min. Nah, I'm just kidding. She's as pretty as a doll, for real. She was irritating during the first few episodes, but she isn't a bad person, really; she's just self-centered, impulsive and fell for the wrong person. I wonder what she saw in him. Seriously, what's so good about a guy who is in a bad mood like, 24/7 and doesn't even try to hide the fact that he doesn't love you? She knew she couldn't be happy with him, but she wanted him. She knew she couldn't have his love, but still, she wanted him. What do you want, then, misery? Sheesh. Even though I don't hate her, I don't like her either. She's stupid, obsessed, CRAZY. And I pity her, for not being able to get herself out of the shit.












^Sang Min, Jung Min's half brother. (It's ironic how his parents' story was exactly like Seok Joo and Seo Young.) He fell for Seo Young at first sight. (Yeah yeah I know it sounds cliche, but he treats Seo Young really well.) At first I was kinda skeptical, but it turned out he's not only capable (and good-looking), but also polite, considerate and kind. (Like how he kept his apartment door open when he invited Seo Young for tea in his apartment.) You'll like him for sure in episode 10, where he looked at Ji Eun so lovingly^, even though minutes before he didn't even know that Seo Young had a kid. (I totally melted *.*) In episode 15, I was surprised when he said, "Let's exchange" when Seok Joo told him that he didn't have the world Sang Min had, that's why he abandoned his girlfriend and daughter. He told his father that he was willing to give up all his inheritance to marry Seo Young. AND HE REALLY DID. It was too bad that Seo Young didn't love him, no matter how grateful she was to him. He also had a sad sad past, but that didn't break his character. He's just so sincere and his love is unconditional. When standing next to Seok Joo, the contrast in character is so stark that you can imagine a ray of light falling on Sang Min while Seok Joo stands in the dark. He's just a PERFECT guy, period. ILU, SANGMIN. =)



















^Hyun Joo (one of Seok Joo's younger sisters) and Chang Hoon. They are so so sweet; my favourite couple in the whole show. ^^ Chang Hoon is a liiiittle bit of a flirt, but he loves Hyun Joo a lot. They met with obstacles, though, since Chang Hoon is the son of Hyun Joo's adoptive parents. But from the very beginning, Chang Hoon wanted to tell his parents that they were dating, and didn't want to give up on their relationship even when Hyun Joo did (which sometimes made me mad at her). Apparently Chang Hoon inherited his playboy genes from his father, whom I also like too, by the way. He was totally cool (and happy) with Chang Hoon dating Hyun Joo, unlike Chang Hoon's mother, who later agreed too, by the way. The whole family is so funny; one of the only things that do not make feel angry or depressed, lol. And ILU TOO, CHANG HOON. xD












^The eldest brother, Tae Joo. He's a really honest and nice guy; he brought up the Jin Joo (youngest sister) himself after their father died, and worked all his life to save money so that he could buy a house for the five siblings to live together. He looks so clueless sometimes, it's cute. And the relationship between him and Choon Sa (some girl) is very cute as well. ^^

This drama is really FRUSTRATING and SAD. (even the songs are so nice but so sad) If I wasn't myself I'd have cried buckets. It didn't have a good viewer rating, but other than being slightly boring, I thought the cast did very well, especially the two lead actors, Dongwan and Eun Jung. And it's so ironic how the person I disliked the most in the beginning turned out okay, but some people I was okay with turned out horrid. But I don't know how many times I almost gave up watching 'cos I couldn't stand the ugly human beings. It's so absurd, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. (I think I became a sadist; I laughed so much.) How can you yell at someone for "humiliating" someone you already killed, almost literally? And how the heck can you tell someone you've hurt to "calm down"? And and how the hell can you be so thick-skinned to tell someone not to "touch my woman" when you already left her, inflicting a scar that will never heal in the process? WHO THE HECK IS THE SCRIPTWRITER; SHE MUST BE FREAKING SICK IN THE HEAD.

In the end everything turned okay; Seo Young got over her depression, Chang Hoon and Hyun Joo got married (YAY!), Seok Joo and Jung Min divorced (he realised his mistake and wanted to treat her well, but she got tired of him). The last scene was Seok Joo lying at the streets drunk and Seo Young running around looking for him. No wonder everyone says the ending sucks. They shouldn't have left it hanging like that, but.. I'll choose to think that they got back together. After all, Seok Joo regret his wrongdoings and Seo Young already forgive him. =) (And Dongwan made a very good-looking drunk xD)


After that much frustration, let's have some behind-the-scenes pictures!
































^3 of the guys with the Shinhwa pose, the whole crew and the Yoon siblings. ^^


Whatever it is, I'm sorry that I cursed at you, but you know I love you, Dongwan. xDD

Pictures to remind you of the real Dongwan. =D
























dorkface. =D