Sunday 19 July 2009

F.T Island - 바래 (I Hope)



The first single off F.T Island's new album, Cross & Change.

I didn't think much of the song at first, but now I really like it. It's really catchy! And it sounds so happy :). It's the first time that their first title song is not an emo-rock song, lol. And I must get this out of my system: I really love Hongki's voice, a lot a lot a lot. (And you wonder why he's my favourite member.) Seunghyun and Jaejin's raps sound good too. Jonghun has a nice but short guitar solo. Initially I was kinda puzzled about how the song and the MV sounds and looks so happy, while the lyrics seem sad. But now that I look at the lyrics again, I get this optimistic feel, like they're saying that even if he's hurting 'cos the girl left, he's still sure that she's gonna come back, as they're made for each other, and he never regretted loving her.

The MV is so cute! It's so colourful and the kid versions of FTI are super adorable x). The boys look great too, even though Hongki's hair colour takes time to get used to and Jaejin's bowl-cut is still bothering me ^^;;. Jonghun looks totally hot with that hair colour *___*. And his guitar solo is great! There are Jongki scenes in the MV, by the way; try to spot them :DD. Hongki is so cute when he asked the judges to clap along, and then made a thumbs-up at Seunghyun. Minhwan should stop drumming while biting his lower lips -- I'm just saying 'cos otherwise he might find himself being stalked xDD.

I'm still in the midst of listening to the album, and I'm already flailing to no end LOL. What can I do; every time it's so easy to rate FTI's music, especially their Korean one, as 99.9% of the time I'd rate everything 5 stars. No kidding, no bias. The album is much less angst-y than their previous albums too (not that I mind their angst-y songs or angst-y songs in general), so it might appeal better to a larger crowd, considering that the members are all so young. And like I said before, FTI can do both emo and happy very well :). I might post one or two other songs from the album, or I'll just do an album review 'cos seriously the album is awesome x).

The band's gonna be having their comeback today. Can you feel my excitement? :DD

F.T Island is back! ♥♥♥♥♥