Sunday 19 July 2009

F.T Island Vol. 3 - Cross & Change


















This album has a good mix of happy pop-rock songs and emo rock ballads. There are less of the latter in this album as compared to their previous albums and there are some changes in terms of music (which amateurs like me wouldn't really be able to notice lol), but I think F.T Island still sticks to its style of music which we all love. Overall, it's a very solid album. But hey, I wouldn't expect less from FTI x). Oh and I think Jaejin has now become the 2nd vocal of the band, haha ^^.

1. 빙빙빙 (Bing Bing Bing)
Such a happy, upbeat, catchy song! I can bet that after one listen you'd be able to remember the "bing bing bing bang bang bang" LOL xD. Jaejin sings; he sound good.

2. 바래 (I Hope)
I already talked about this song in the previous post. And I didn't say much in that post, but really, Hongki's voice really stands out in this song. I love the way he sings the first line of the bridge softly. And the only clue one can possibly have that the lyrics are sad is the way Hongki sings -- he sounds sad at some parts -- so really, Hongki just pawns at life ♥.

3. 미우나 고우나 (Hateful and Graceful)
The first ballad in the album. This song is really sad ;__;. Even before I read the lyrics, I already felt how sad Hongki sounds here. And the lyrics are really.. desperate? Somehow the instruments give this song a melancholic feel.

4. 천사와 나무꾼 (The Angel and The Woodman)
What a sweet song! It's about that story (I forgot the title) where an angel comes down to Earth and meets a guy. I thought the lyrics are sweet too, but the last line "I am going to hide your wings forever" is kinda creepy, lol ^^;;.

5. 소년 소녀를 만나다 (Boy Meets Girl)
I LOVE this song! I fell in love with it like 3 seconds into the first verse. A strong contender for my favourite song off the album. It starts off soft and builds momentum as the song plays. Jaejin sounds really good here *_____*. Hongki sounds great too, do I even need to say it xP. I hear violin too.

6. 결혼해줘 (Marry Me)
The most rock-ish song in the album! It's a happy song too. I like the bass in the beginning and the guitar solo in the middle! And the drums can be heard very clearly; the beats are sick x). There's a bit of electronic feel too, I think xP.

7. 꼭은 아니더라도 (Even If It's Not Necessary)
A soft ballad with Hongki singing softly and instrumentals in the background. I love the lyrics; the song is about a guy remembering a girl, and wondering whether she remembers him. I like this line: I am different.

8. 첫눈에 알아 (I Knew From First Sight)
All the members sing in this song! They all sound really good :). It's a sweet-sounding, cute song.

9. 보내주기 (Let Go)
Another rock-ballad. Hongki sounds really good here, guh *___*. I love the guitar solo in the middle!

10. 못난이 (The Ugly)
The verses make me laugh somehow, lol xD. I love the chorus; Hongki's voice sounds so sweet, it makes me smile x).

11. 남의 속도 모르고 (You Don't Know My Feelings)
It's an emo rock ballad. I really love this song and the lyrics, omg, the angst. The beginning is really pretty -- just the piano and Hongki's voice. Did I say I really love Hongki's voice? And the guitar solo PAWNS ♥.

12. 바래 (I Hope) (ver. 2)
Not very different from the original version, just that the instruments are louder and clearer, so the song sounds more rock-ish. I like :D!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I just need to go to a music store on Monday to grab a copy of Daughtry's new album 8D. There are some bonus tracks that can only be bought online, though; I wonder how I can get those =[.