Thursday 2 July 2009

SS501 Collection.














The whole album is now out! It consists of five solo songs by each member and one song by the trio that was previously released before. Apparently the songs are arranged according to their ages, lol ^^;;. As an album, it's got a good mix of ballads and dance tunes. My favourite is Hyunjoong's solo! Or maybe Jungmin's. IDEK.

1. Hyunjoong - 제발 잘해줘 (Please Be Nice To Me)
Like I said before, I really love this song! It's just sooo catchy. I like Hyunjoong's voice in it too; he sang it well! He has performed it quite a lot of times (1 2 3), all lipsynched, but who cares; the dance is smexy xPP. Look at Minho and Kimbum's amazed expression in the first link, LOL xD.

2. Youngsaeng - 이름없는 기억 (Nameless Memory)
Ballad is Youngsaeng's forte ^^. It's a pretty song, and of course Youngsaeng sounds really good in it. I had wanted him to do a dance song, though, 'cos we all know that he's great at ballads but he can do so much more than just that. I also wanted him to perform the dance song with some cool choreography so he can show off his !killer look :S.

3. Kyujong - Wuss Up
What unfortunate Engrish D:. The person who named this song seriously should have checked a dictionary. That aside, it's an upbeat song with some catchy tunes. I hope Kyujong will perform with a dance choreographed for this x).

4. Jungmin (feat. Jisun) - 하면은 안돼 (If You Cannot)
Jungmin got a ballad! Jungmin sounds really good in this song, which in itself is already really pretty *___*. It's a duet with Jisun (from Loveholic, who was featured in Epik High's One), and since it's a duet, Jungmin doesn't get to sing that much. I'm not complaining, though, 'cos I absolutely love her voice. Their voices blend nicely together too. Jungmin did great :)).

5. Hyungjoon (feat. Mellow) - Hey G
This song is composed and written by H&B, the stage name Hyungjoon and his brother Kibum use when they compose songs together. Hyungjoon must really like this genre (club?) a lot, since all his recent solo songs are of this genre. He's gonna dance with some female dancer again, lol, not that I mind xP. It's a decent song whose tune sticks to my head easily.

6. 비겁하지 않겠어 (I Won't Be A Coward)
I was expecting the last song is a new song sung by all five members, so I was disappointed when I found out it wasn't. This song is sung by the trio (YS, KJ, HJB) and was released earlier in the Japanese version of U R Man mini album. To be honest when I first heard it the last time I didn't like it that much, partly because I wasn't used to the club feel, but after a few listens it's actually catchy. I like Hyungjoon's falsetto, hahaha.

I re-read the whole thing and realised that I'm sounding like I don't like the songs that much, lol. But really, the whole album is good! I can't wait for their 2nd Korean album to be released; it's gonna be a riot xDD.