Friday 29 May 2009

Guitar Farewell :).

Had farewell today! There were a couple of performances, followed by a video, presents exchange, pizza for dinner, and photo-taking. I really enjoyed myself :). The new batch of EXCO did a good job!

Honestly during the performances when they were singing/playing those slower, sad-sounding songs, I started to feel melancholic. I didn't even know why I felt that way, for I should be happy that there are no more guitar practices. But as I watched the soloists who sniggered when they made a mistake, as well as Zhi Heng who did a wonderful job in being the MC and made me laugh a lot, I started to feel better. It's a happy occasion!

The performances were great, albeit with glitches here and there xP. I think it's really cool how for some songs the audience was singing along with the performers. The soloists were awesome! Was especially impressed with Jiajin (I suspect he plays guitar every single day; no wonder he's the President haha!) and Zu Ler (he played super fast o____o); how I wish I can play half as well as them lol. I'm gonna learn more songs after the As!

There was some technical problem so the sound for the video couldn't be heard, but I'm gonna get Darren to send it to me! It's so obvious that he's the one who made it, LOL, with all the smiley faces xDD.

The J1s got presents for us mentors; a board with a photo of the whole J1 ensemble and messages on it for me and Meng Kiak, and a flower soft toy for the rest. Awww, I'm so touched x). The picture is really nice! I'm gonna look at it and smile in the future, even if I'd have forgotten some of their names. The EXCOs exchanged our presents; we gave them red and purple feathery pens for girls and guys respectively, haha! It'd be super hilarious if they all use the same pen for guitar meetings, LMAO, but I highly doubt they'd actually do that xP. Su Xian gave me a Pooh cup :D.


I just read all the messages on the board from the J1s and the cards from the EXCO, and I'm actually feeling a whole flux of emotions now. Looking back, guitar has been a big part of my JC life. Truthfully, the ensemble is filled with wonderful people :). It's a pity that I wasn't that easygoing/confident/approachable last year, so I missed the chance to get to know the members better.

To the J1 mentors: Thanks for sharing the workload in managing the J1s! I think I'd seriously have died without your help, haha xP.

To the EXCO: Thank you for everything that you've done for our CCA! You guys did a great job in fulfilling your duties and we wouldn't have been able to manage the CCA so well without all of you. It's been great working with you all :).

To the J1s: I'm really lucky to have been able to know you guys. Honestly, I've learnt a lot from interacting with you all. I've gained a lot, much more than whatever I have done for you. If you think that I always have a smile on my face, that's because after meeting you guys, I've opened up and become more confident. And it's because I enjoy leading and being with you guys. Really, thank you for everything. Admit it, you will miss me x). Just like I will miss you all at times, even though I didn't say it in my SMS. Me shy mah xPP. Love you all :).


I guess, my journey in guitar ends here. It was a very fruitful experience, one that I will never forget.

But now it's time to move on, to let go. I can't go around feeling melancholic all day x).


I love Guitar Ensemble :).