Wednesday 20 May 2009

I feel old.

Today is not a good day.

As expected, almost everyone didn't send me their country research; only one did. I feel really tired of this whole thing. At first I had wanted to propose another class effort thing that would be much more useful, if this country research had been completed as early as it was supposed to. Now I've just about given up. They complained that normal lessons aren't really helping them since they don't have the content, and yet now when they can actually get 14 other countries' data just by doing one, they aren't meeting the deadlines. Is it that difficult to at least tell me that you can't finish on time? And anyway, I am doing two countries at once. If I have finished about 3/4 of my research, I don't see why the rest who are doing only one country haven't finished theirs, unless it's because they haven't been making an effort to do it. It's really frustrating that I have to keep telling them to send their research to me, especially since I won't actually benefit from this any more than they will.

Had guitar practice. The J1s were totally not listening to me at all. I was right in front, trying to get them to do warm-up, and they were there talking and talking and talking. Even when I raised my voice and told them to keep quiet or waited there for them to stop talking, they still continued talking. I was tired of trying to get my voice heard; me one person can't beat 40 people. So I walked out on them. But they went on talking. Seriously, I'm really disappointed. I've always thought that this batch of J1s is great; they're easygoing and generally okay. As much as I could I've been treating them like friends, not just kids/juniors. I don't want to scold since it just makes me feel old and naggy, and besides, I have never been good with scolding. Is my voice too soft? Do they find me a nag? Am I weird? Or do they just think that I'm not good enough to be leading practice? Sigh. I'm just disappointed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I'm pushing it.