Friday 19 December 2008

heck it.

Remember the post where I talked about how I refuse to listen to newer/younger bands since I really don't want to like guys younger than me?

Well.. I went to kpopsecrets (a comm where people post pictures with their "secrets"; I seriously don't get why there are so much of DBSK and SNSD hating -.-") yesterday and found one with SHINee/F.T Island picture that says "I hate people who refuse to listen to younger bands because they're too young", plus some things about how they're actually talented and stuff.

So I thought of myself, who was doing exactly the same thing. I know all the names of SHINee and F.T Island members (I have no idea how I know also), but the most I did was watch 3 of SHINee's MVs and like, 2 performances? They can sing and dance, alright. But the songs that I listened to (the ones that are made into MVs) aren't really my cup of tea, so that's it. (Their debut song is pretty catchy though.) Only 2 of the members are older than me (Taemin was born in '93 o.0), and one of the 2 that caught my eye is younger than me, so I was kinda relieved that I'm not really into their music xP.

I never listened to any of F.T Island's songs, because: 1. two of the members are younger than me, the youngest being born in December '92; 2. they're a band, not a boyband, and their genre is rock, which at least 80% guarantees that I'll like their music; 3. I've seen them a lot in magazines, and I'm convinced that they're the prettiest band (not just 1/2 member, but the band as a whole) I've seen so far (and that's saying a lot, since they're from South Korea -.-). But well, since at least I gave SHINee a chance, I thought I should give them a listen as well. And as expected, I do like their stuff. It's rock, and Hongki's (the lead singer) voice sounds a little like Yesung's, so seriously, what do you expect? So far I've watched a couple of LIVE performances too, and Hongki sings really well LIVE. (He looks so much like Kang In, wth. With a voice a teeny bit like Yesung's. So.. go figure xP.) The instruments aren't plugged in during those music shows, though, so I'll have to watch their concert/other clips to find out whether they play well together LIVE, but I'm quite sure they do. (EDIT: I saw one performance where they were playing LIVE! They're good ^^.) I have only listened to a few of their songs too, but I will listen to the rest sometime :).

I think after Big Bang, I've proven that I can like a band only for their music even though the reason why that's true should be because I was too busy with other fandoms to watch any of their non-music-related videos xP. So let's hope that I won't start pedo-ing over Jaejin and Minhwan soon ^^. (That's just an expression, understand xP.)


Today's song of the day: Tim - At the End of the World. I love his voice, this song, and how he sings this song with so much emotion ♥. You know, when I first put his whole discography into my iPod, I thought that as usual there'd be quite a few songs I can delete from each album, but after I went through them, I could only delete at most 3 from each. My iPod is so out of space now ;__;. But it shows how good his releases are, really :).