Tuesday 30 December 2008

SBS Gayo Daejun 2008 performances

  • Junsu and Taeyang piano battle


  • (Don't watch here but click on the video to watch it in glorious HD on Youtube!)

    *_______*. I love the sound of a piano even though I admittedly don't practice nearly as much as should and I like guys who can play piano. This is nothing like the piano battle in Secret, but still awesome! Taeyang started first, singing Don't Wanna Try. His English is relatively decent and his singing is good :). I almost laughed when his voice cracked, though; sorry Taeyang xP. The piano parts are sweet :D. (I LOL-ed, though, when the camera went to Junsu in the beginning and you can hear the a horde of fangirls cheering, that he almost smiled at 0:39 xP. But seriously, the fangirls always cheered every time the camera was on him, even when Taeyang was performing =X. Cassiopeia, why do you have to disappoint me?) Then Junsu went next, singing My Everything. Junsu's English is.. well, Engrish xPP. This song focuses more on his vocals than the piano, I think. Or maybe I was just too distracted by his WONDERFUL singing, lol. But you can hear the piano in the background too ^^. Taeyang was clapping and grinning like a fanboy at 5:13 haha; so cute xD.


  • Daesung - Look At Me Gwi Soon
  • The first time I heard this song was actually when Hongki and Jonghun performed a short part of it on Star Golden Bell (they were so cute xD), but that's not the point. Daesung joined some other people halfway through the song, I think, and look at GD laughing at his seat, LMAO. His voice is really suitable for trot ^^. Seungri was doing the hand motions, too :D.


  • F.T Island - Love After + Girls Don't Know + Heaven
  • They all have some black eye thing going on; I personally think that some guys look hot with eyeliner (Hongki and T.O.P, to name a few) but this is kinda over-the-top for me, making them look like rocker wannabes =X. The instruments are all PLUGGED and the four are totally rocking it, man :)). Jonghun's guitar solo part is totally awesome! But HONGKI! The moment he started to sing I knew that he was sick. He messed up the timing in the later half, sounded so hoarse and even stopped singing for some time during Heaven. It was like he was forcing himself to sing, and he looked stressed because he messed up =((. Watching the performance was painful 'cos I couldn't stand seeing him like that and I could feel my heart in pain. But I still watched it, twice, because at the same time I admire his professionalism. Get well soon, Hongki ♥!


  • Dance Battle
  • The people are: Taemin (SHINee), Seungri (Big Bang), Eunhyuk (Super Junior), Jaebum (2PM), Yunho (DBSK). All of them are obviously good dancers to be included in this segment, so I won't say much xD. Eunhyuk was wearing a silver outfit+mask while dancing a robot dance; it was great :). Love Yunho's outfit, dance, attitude (yeahh!) and that smirk at 3:18 :DD. His hat fell off in the beginning, but I don't know whether it was intended 'cos he didn't flinch or anything xD.


  • DBSK - Wrong Number + Mirotic
  • They did well, as always. (What else can I say? xD) The entrances are quite hot ^^. They showed off their bare backs at the end, which is so LMAO haha!


  • Brown Eyed Girls + Epik High + Eun Ji Won - Where Is The Love (Korean ver.)


  • My favourite performance of the night! I didn't know there's a Korean version of this song LOL xD. I would have loved seeing Tablo rapping in English, but ohwells this is good too xP. I've seen Eun Ji Won at some variety shows (he was from Sechs Kies), and I adore him; he's such a humorous guy! I didn't know he raps, though :). I loved one part where Tablo and him were rapping to each other and Tablo went, "jongmal?" and Ji Won nodded xP. One of the Brown Eyed Girls sang while the other rapped; they're good. And Epik High? They're always awesome; no arguments there ♥. Loved Tablo's little introduction in the beginning. They're looking great =].