Saturday 21 March 2009

200309 guitar camp!

Yesterday was better than expected. (Which isn't saying a lot, but I'm getting there.) The day before I was really worried about what would happen if it rained ('cos the wet weather programme for the Inter-group Games were kinda lame), what if something just suddenly went wrong and I didn't have any solution to it, blahblahblah. But in general, it was okay! I think the members had some fun, and at least they got to know a few members of the other level.

Reflections first:
1. As we didn't do a dry run for the games due to the limited time we had, we realised it too late that the Inter-group Games were too short for a 30-minute period. As a result, for some of the games the groups had to wait for the next game before they can play, which I think brought down the mood a little. There were other instances where they had to wait, like after the Treasure Hunt, before they could start the Amazing Race because we had to wait until all the groups came back. One of the groups even finished the Treasure Hunt really early so they were really bored. Therefore, I think we should have planned filler games for this type of waiting time that couldn't have been avoided, and we definitely should have tried out the games first.

2. Even during the icebreakers, some of the members already sprained their ankles or fell down, but we didn't have a first-aid kit on standby so we couldn't do anything for them =X. We really should have gotten a first-aid kit ready for the games. Some of them have bruises after one of the Amazing Race games, which again reinforces the previous point that we should have tried out all the games first.

3. The committee members helped out a lot! Some of them had to go out of the school to buy last-minute things and all. Well, some of them didn't read the proposal and weren't sure about the scoring system, but all in all, they were really a great help. Without them I wouldn't be able to handle everything by myself. I think by now they must think that I'm a nag, because of my long emails and multiple messages, haha. But yeah, I'm really grateful to them.


Personal thoughts/feelings:
1. To be honest, I think yesterday, out of the whole committee, I did the least work. In the morning I was just running around the school, taking logistics for station masters who needed them, playing a little, taking pictures, thinking of what to do for the shorter games, asking people to go somewhere do this and that. It was the most boring job there possibly was, haha. In the afternoon I only helped setting up the Human Sudoku and became one of the station masters for the Amazing Race, and my station happened to be in an air-con classroom, lol. I didn't even help in setting up the BBQ as I was still busy at my station. So yeah, I'm a slacker =X.

2. My station, Guitar Idol!, was super LOL. They had to act out an MV for one song, and some of them were really hilarious. One group's looked like a real MV, though! And I can say that I gave the scores without bias :). I think so, at least. However, we should have provided more guitars there, as a lot of times more than 3 groups were in the station at one time and we didn't have enough guitars to go around, so they had to wait very long. I'm sorry, people!

3. I wished I could be the one playing with the members! It's definitely more fun than my job :S. And it must be nice to have a group too. During BBQ I was going around saying, "Hi hi!" (I have no idea why I said that so many times; I don't even usually do so) to everyone, going to random pits to put/take food, having short random conversations with random people and sitting at random groups' tables. I was actually lost, 'cos I realised that I don't belong to any group and since I'm not usually very sociable, I didn't know what to do, where to go. I must improve my sociability!

4. Like I said, during the games and BBQ I was going around joining random groups. But during BBQ I think there was one group's table I kept sitting at, LOL. It wasn't totally because of that, though, as their table only had what, 2 people most of the time and the others were more crowded so I thought they looked lonely haha.

5. I realised that what I thought was a crush wasn't even a crush, hahaha! I just think that he's cute and nice, that's all xD. And that can be said to a lot of other guys, so~ that's it. I told you I'd get over it soon, haha!
EDIT: I'm not the only one to think that he's cute, LOL. So apparently, I'm a very normal girl :D.

6. I think my handphone SIM card must have very little money left 'cos I called so many people so many times, haha.

7. I took quite a lot of pictures, but obviously none of the pictures in the many cameras of the committee members have me in them, haha! It's kinda a pity, but well, I'm satisfied enough that the event went well :).


After the day was over you have no idea how relieved I felt, HAHA. It's like a stone was lifted off my shoulders. But seriously, it was a fun day :).