Friday 2 January 2009

a couple of videos..

081231 MBC Gayo Daejun performances

SS501 - U R Man + Deja Vu
-- The trio performed U R Man first; they did great! (When do they not xP?) I've never said this before but I think SS501 has the best stylists; they almost never look wrong. The boys are looking drool-worthy in black :DD. At the end of the performance the dancers went off stage, the thing at the sides of the stage lifted, TripleS screamed, and Hyunjoong and Jungmin (and later the dancers) joined them on stage! They performed Deja Vu, singing over a backing track. (The solos were LIVE, but I didn't hear anyone really singing for most of the chorus, except for a few lines.) I don't really care if they aren't singing completely LIVE since this is the real SS501 reunion, not just Hyunjoong and Jungmin being dancers xD. Hyungjoon flashed his abs at 5:08; that exhibitionist, haha. TripleS was singing along with them :). Loved the green lightings! It was a hot performance =].

Wonder Girls + Big Bang Special Stage -- My knowledge of Wonder Girls only covers their names, ages and a couple of their hit songs (Nobody is catchy like hell!), but this performance is very good :). Every Big Bang member was wearing something pink; the top, jacket, etc; some of it was hilarious lmao. SunYe sounds nice! I've heard Yoobin rapping in one of Minwoo's songs and I really love it; her rapping is way cool ^^. Daesung and YeEun did Haru Haru; Daesung nailed his falsetto (:D!) and YeEun has a nice voice, both of them sounded really great during the chorus :)). SunMi was sitting on T.O.P's lap with almost the whole of her thigh exposed at the beginning of their performance; hey she's only sixteen DD:. I think T.O.P must be feeling awkward, 'cos he was looking away the whole time and only looked at her after she stood up, LOL xP. It ended with Big Bang performing So Hot and Wonder Girls and then together with Big Bang performing Last Farewell.

Epik High - One + Fly -- They're looking spiffy in black suits :D.Tablo switched his microphone with Mithra's in the beginning for whatever reason, haha. He kept asking the fans to scream, who gladly obliged, but I laughed a little haha. Loved the fans singing along to One! At the end of One Tukutz walked to the DJ-ing thing (I don't know what it's called xPP) and I LOL-ed when he bumped into one of the dancers, hahaha xD. How long has it been since they performed Fly? Ages, I think ^^. Great performance by the boys, as always :).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungri's solo - Strong Baby MV -- I'm okay with the song; it's one of the typical Big Bang songs. Nothing is special with his vocals in the song; he has always sounded like that, which is quite a good thing. I was kinda surprised by the performance at SBS Gayo Daejun - since he was dancing those kind of moves with some girls - but it was still a good performance. Now I'm honestly disturbed by the MV. He was totally making out with the girl, which looks hot if I'm not reminded time and again that he's only 18. This solo is supposed to signal that the baby of the group has grown up, but I prefer to think that I already know that, even without him trying to tell us that by going all sleazy with some girl. I think it's just me being old-fashioned, haha.