Tuesday 27 January 2009

New music discovery: V.O.S

V.O.S stands for Voice of Soul. Ironically enough, even before I knew that, I listened to Beautiful Life (below) and a few of their other songs, and when I was thinking of what their group name represents, I thought of the exact same thing. So yeah, naturally, they have good voices and sing very well :).

Beautiful Life MV



This song is so happy and relaxing ^^. I tried listening to it because Minwoo wrote its lyrics (which are translated at that MV link), and ended up liking the song. The lyrics are well-written as well :). I've watched a few LIVE performances of this song (1 2 3) and found that they sing LIVE well too! I love how they sang with a choir in the first link, haha. The small dance steps are cute, by the way :D.

So from that one song I went to find more of their songs and albums. I have only listened to a few songs, but so far I'm really liking what I hear. They can harmonize very well :).

Another song that stood out: 매일 매일 (Everyday, Everyday).



^Yes, that's a LIVE performance instead of the MV, because they sing LIVE really well :D. But you can watch the MV anyway; the colours used in it are nice =]. And here are more performances (1 2 3), just because I love the song xD. I love the harmonizations in this song, and how effortless they make it seem, pulling off those awesome adlibs.

I've heard of the group since quite some time ago, actually, but I put off trying their songs out 'cos as much as I love ballads, I don't fancy an album full of ballads only. But apparently their music isn't just ballads, haha xP. Their 3rd album is really good! I still have 2 more albums to listen to; how great xD. I need to learn to differentiate their voices too.

On the side note: Doesn't Hyunjoon look a tad like Jaejin from F.T Island? He looks cute xP. And somehow Kyungrok reminds me of Jungmin from SS501; I think it's the lips. Ohwells. If you know me, then you'd know that if I like a group's music, I'd like that group, the members, and their looks as well, by default. That's just me, haha xDD.

This is totally random: How come so many Koreans have similar-sounding names? I already know one Hyunjoong, two Hyungjoon-s, one Hyunjoon. Not to mention one Jonghun and one Jonghyun, plus three Kibum-s and one Kimbum -.-".