Thursday 29 January 2009

Wonbin leaves F.T Island

A few days ago there was a rumour that he might be leaving the band, but after some time there was no confirmation or anything, so we all thought that it was just a rumour made up by antifans. But yesterday the company confirmed it, saying that it's because Wonbin has differing music views with the group.

My first reactions: o_______0 --> O___O!!!!!! --> T_______T. I was just listening to Haengbokhamnida an hour ago and was still thinking that Wonbin's harmonica parts go well with the song. And I tend to rap along with him during the raps. Now I can't do that anymore? It's just after their 600th day too =(((.

In some cases, I may like someone just because he's in a group that I like (and if he's not in it anymore I would probably be shocked but get over it in half an hour), or in less frequent cases, like a group because of all the members together (and if any member were to be replaced I'd immediately not like the group). In most cases, though (like in FTI's case), I like a group's music first, then all the members, then I like that group because of its music AND its members, without whom the music wouldn't be the same.

I just got into F.T Island a month ago and even though I've been fangirling over a lot of groups I never encountered any member leaving (Suju doesn't count 'cos Suju will still exist as a 13-member boyband), so I was really shocked when I heard about this. The rumours are actually true T__T. (Wonbin's name is already under "former members" everywhere, even on Wiki -.-.) There's gonna be a replacement (new member: Song Seung Hyun) and the band is still going to release a new mini album next month. But it's never gonna be the same; the other voice singing/rapping won't be Wonbin's anymore. That music I fell in love with isn't gonna be the same.

Was reading their Soompi thread (it jumped 20 pages after the news); everyone's expressing their shock, disappointment and sadness, which I can sympathise with since I still don't know how I feel about this =X. The company stated the reason for his leaving as "differing music views", which made me wonder what kind of music Wonbin actually wants to do. There are some people talking about how he may dislike the fact that the band is going in the boyband/idol direction, which may actually be true. But even if it is, I don't mind, actually, as long as their music continues to rock (meaning: is still good, and has some rock songs, as usual). The rumour about Wonbin leaving because he was bullied by Jonghun, Jaejin and Minhwan is ridiculous, really, but I guess there's no way we'd know for sure. But since this is my blog, I have the right to say that that rumour is bullshit. Period.

Some people were also saying that Wonbin has been looking unhappy recently, and even when they were dancing in their concert, he didn't smile at all. He must have considered this matter long and hard, for it isn't an easy decision to make. A while back Jaejin, Hongki and Jonghun appeared in a show together. At that time I didn't find it odd that Wonbin didn't come, considering that he shouldn't have anything else to do (since Minhwan was filming his drama). But maybe even at that time it was decided already? The announcement for the new member was made so quickly after it's confirmed that Wonbin's leaving too, so it must have been decided quite some time ago, but they only announced it now. I wonder what he'll do in the future; be a solo singer? Whatever it is, all the best, Wonbin ♥!

I hope the other 4 members will get through this; I hope they aren't too greatly affected by Wonbin's leaving, for it's impossible that they aren't greatly affected. Suddenly I'm reminded of Hongki crying during the concert when singing Please Don't Love; why is it that the lyrics seem to be appropriate in this situation ;__;. Did he cry because of this? (And when Hongki got his fortunes told in How to be A Good Daddy, he was told to "let someone go". Whoa, that's freaky o.O.) Whatever it is, I hope that the new member will do his best. He has quite a lot to catch up with, considering that the band already released 3 albums (2 Korean, 1 Japanese), 2 mini albums (well.. sort of) and 1 Japanese single. I think they all knew each other before debut (since they're under the same company they had been training together), so hopefully it won't be awkward and they'll be able to perform well as usual, as a team :). F.T Island hwaiting ♥!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for their mini album; hopefully it'll be good or I might just leave the fandom (which very honestly, I would really have done if Hongki was the one who left, for his voice is one of the main reasons I love the band). But I have faith :). I will try, and hopefully grow, to like the new member. But then again, I think that is probably not a difficult thing to do, me being me xP. He's another 92-er (August, so still older than Minhwan), though, which kinda sucks xP.